PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BrownBear
Fri, Feb-06-04, 08:00
Hi my name is Mary and I started Atkins on Monday 2/2/04. Today is friday and so far I've already lost 5.5lbs. I im in shock. I can't believe that it comes off so easy. I've been very good about eating foods very low in carbs..2 or less. I really don't feel too deprived because I am getting to eat cheese and meat and chili..my favorite. I have noticed though that I get very sluggish by about 3pm. Anyone else experience this? Nice to meet you all!!!

p.s. my stats should read 215/209.5/175..I don't know how to change them.

Kristine
Fri, Feb-06-04, 09:29
Hi and welcome! :wave:

The first week or so, you're going through a lot of changes, so I'm sure the sluggishness is part of that. It will probably ease up. :thup:

You change your stats (and anything else in your profile) by clicking on http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/top_profile.gif at the top of the page. If you need further help on the use of the forum, check the "Comments Box/Technical Questions" forum.

Enjoy!

Mystique
Fri, Feb-06-04, 11:12
Hey Mary,
Welcome! I know what you mean about the quick weight loss. It is so great. Although I don't expect it to last 4eva, it is pretty exciting for the moment eh?
Good Luck!

Phideo
Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:05
I've been LCing for 15 days and I remember the first 3 or 4 days I was always tired around 3pm but it gets better. So I think it's normal. Soon you'll feel like you have energy to burn. Esp in the mornings -- at least for me.

Zuleikaa
Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:45
Welcome to the forum!!!

BrownBear
Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:46
thanks for all your comments and support. Good luck everyone!!