PDA

View Full Version : Broke the habbit! i hope

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

horty
Thu, Feb-05-04, 21:35
I have been smoke free since Jan 1 st, I feel great no real cravings. My workouts have been going great. I feel cardiovascularly stronger, but the last 2 days I have been feeling alittle winded. Anybody experience this, its funny after I run on the treadmill I feel great, like I am getting enough oxygen. Maybe I am over doing it. I am in college and when some classmates go out for a smoke the stink really bothers me now, I feel good that I dont have to stand out side freezing.

toning_up
Fri, Feb-06-04, 05:42
I'm finding it interesting to read back through this forum and get the impression that low carbers seem to be having a relatively easy time of quitting. The cravings don't seem to be gripping them like before.

I wonder if it's because we have already conquered carb cravings (which become major comfort food when quitting smoking) or do we have enhanced will power because of the successes already?

Or am I just imagining the whole thing? LOL

Etiher way, congratulations on over a month of smoke free life. It's an excellent thing you've done.

horty
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:52
Thats a good point, The tabbacco companys also put sugar in the products so maybe when we as low carbers eliminate sugar from our diet we can handle the nicotine cravings. Just a thought

mischa
Sun, Feb-08-04, 20:11
I also found it easier to quit 14 month ago while low carbing. I only quit once before this...15 years ago and idiot me started again after 2 years. Never again:) However I wondered the same..if low carbing eased the cravings:)

:wave:

btmncrt
Mon, Feb-09-04, 01:51
Better to break a habit than to break a hobbit.

mb99
Mon, Feb-09-04, 02:01
>I wonder if it's because we have already conquered
>carb cravings (which become major comfort food
>when quitting smoking) or do we have enhanced will
>power because of the successes already?

That was true for me at least. I went through a very difficult induction. It made not smoking seem easier, in my mind at least. Plus, I kept thinking 'I have like given up X, Y, Z etc!'. Plus, I actually wanted to quit becuase I was feeling healthier etc.