PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu all over again....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hippy Girl
Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:49
Sadly, this is not my first time as a 'newbie'. It's my first day back on Atkins after a LONG absence. I've gained back all but 2lbs of the 30lbs that I had originally lost.

After trying on some clothes that I had bought only 4 months ago and realizing that NONE of them fit me now, I am starting from scratch and am back on Induction as of today.

I was never a big poster before, but I am really struggling and hoping to find advice and support (my family is totally anti-Atkins). If there's anyone out there in a similar situation and looking for a buddy, let me know.

Here's to all those starting again!

Zuleikaa
Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:54
Welcome back to the board!! There are many others in the same boat. Read some of the introductions and you'll find them.

orchidday
Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:32
Welcome back to the forum! I went away for a long time too and gained back 40 of the 43 pounds I had lost. Really sucks eh?? Well the important thing is to get back and just get going :). There is a lot of support here especially when we are struggling. At least we didn't gain back ALL of it LOLOL - we need to keep a sense of humor :).

Mystique
Thu, Feb-05-04, 19:04
Hi Hippy Girl,
I have only been on the diet a week, so it will be fun to make a new friend who is going through the same thing :)
Sorry your family is not supportive of the Atkins. It is hard when you can't moan or complain to your spouse :) But hey.. You can do that with us eh? It worked before, it will work again!