PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ckoudsi617
Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:38
Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds

Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 1 Hour.
Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 15 Minutes. Makes 4 cups (16 servings).
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Roasted-Almonds/Detail.aspx

Ingredients:

1 egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
4 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup Granulated Splenda sweetener (48 cals/12 carbs)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan or large cookie sheet. (I used butter flavored cooking spray.)

2) Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff.

3) Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.

4) Bake for up to 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers. Enjoy!

I plan on trying different spices to jazz these up and change the flavoring, examples: Cajun, Asian, Indian, Mexican and so on. I really liked this recipe. Hope you do, too!

Alopex
Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:17
Holy cow, what a great idea!

Thanks for posting this! I'm sure it will chase away the munchies. :)

MaryToU
Fri, Feb-20-04, 16:16
I am glad this recipe was brought back to life. I make this a lot and every, dieters or not, loves them!!!!

xidarkrose
Fri, Jul-02-04, 19:54
That sounds great, I can't wait to be able to add nuts, this will be the first thing i make!!

hpjrt
Tue, Jul-20-04, 17:19
Thanks for this recipe. I had tried another cinnamon roasted almond recipe ... but it wasn't nearly so crunchy and luxurious in taste as this one is.

Now all I have to do is figure out the carb count per serving!

Mary

easylyvin
Sun, Aug-15-04, 15:41
I just got around to trying this recipe today, and these almonds were excellent! :thup: So easy to make! My kids love them too! If you come up with more variations, please post them! Thanks for this recipe! :wave:

easylyvin
Sat, Aug-21-04, 10:50
Just an update. I made these again, but this time, I put vanilla extract in with the eggwhites. YUM!

rpavich
Sat, Aug-21-04, 13:50
Hi,
I tried these and I have to say I think I like the other recipe better...the one with butter....they are crunchier...and better flavored....

bob

easylyvin
Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:51
Do you have that recipe? I can't seem to find it. I'd be willing to try it too!