PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I`m new and glad to be here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BassClef
Tue, Feb-03-04, 00:31
Hello All,
I`m new to this Site and I must say it is great to have all this information available. Its nice to read other`s post that are new and dealing with my same issues. I`ve been on Atkins for two weeks and have lost 12lbs. To be honest I dont feel well at all. I understand this is expected starting out. Low Carbing is new to me and my body just isn`t cooperating. I guess more than anything I feel weak. As far as changing my eating, I`ve done well. I`ve found foods I like and not depriving myself as I have with other Diets. Not eating "breads" didn`t hurt as much as no Krispy Kreams, but I`ve found Low Carb sweets so I`m good now. I`m looking forward to trying some of the recipes I see on this site. There really is a wealth of info here. Thank you for your time and I hope to learn tips on my new way of life. God Bless...

BassClef

IdahoSpud
Tue, Feb-03-04, 05:17
Best of luck to you! Hang in there!

Anne768
Tue, Feb-03-04, 05:27
Welcome!!...
This is a wonderful site....This forum has so many stories and bits of information...You will find it very useful...Just keep a positive attitude...and keep coming to this forum for motivation!

--Anne768

Start 1-24-04: 152.5 - 153....every little bit counts..right??..ha

2/3/4: 153...i've come up a few lbs since Friday..(over the weekend....i didnt do so hot...as usual)......but still doing good...still positive....

Goal: This weekend to be GOOD!..

20togo
Tue, Feb-03-04, 08:05
Im new tooo. It is tough in the beginning. But wait until you go to try on your clothes and there tooo big. yahoo!!!!!! It's all worth it . Keep motivated. This really works.

kimberlyw
Tue, Feb-03-04, 08:25
I`ve been on Atkins for two weeks and have lost 12lbs.

WOW! Great work! Congratulations!

I wrote back to you in the post you wrote to me :D

BEST of luck!
~KimberlyW
(P.S.: I sure hope I lose 12 lbs. in my first 2 weeks! :D)

BassClef
Tue, Feb-03-04, 12:21
Thank you for the kind words. Yes I`m hanging in there. I started with a co-worker friend and he lasted a week on LC. At work I`m eating Ham and Green Beans and he`s eating Chinese Take-out. Thats hard...well...looking at the food or wanting to stab him with my fork, havent decided which. I`m am excited about my new me. I havent been drinking ALL this water as I should. Can I drink unsweeting Tea with sweetener?? It is water right? All Well, Thanks again and I`ll be here watching and learning. Prob wont post much at first as I`m in learning mode.

BassClef

Zuleikaa
Tue, Feb-03-04, 20:28
Welcome to the board!!!

smoothblu
Tue, Feb-03-04, 23:30
Welcome to the forum - It's great to have you here. :yay:

eric909
Tue, Feb-03-04, 23:47
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif