PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I'm a newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Weenee
Mon, Feb-02-04, 21:48
:yay: I love this place! What a help it will be. I found the site last night and had to tear myself away to go to bed. Couldn't wait to see what else I could find tonight!

I've been doing this 2 weeks today. Its went pretty well. I've lost 8 lbs (none for the last couple days). The only problem I am having is I never got the energy thing. I've always been low energy and really hoped I would get the increase but I have not. Maybe a few more carbs. Most days I have not used even 15. Found it hard to get them in with the limited amounts/types of vegies. I don't care much for raw vegies, especially not in the winter. Does anyone know if the 1 cup a day of cooked is something I must adhere to or is it possible to have more cooked?

Thanks! Appreciate any help I can get!!

djcarbno
Mon, Feb-02-04, 22:39
Hi Weenee! According to Atkins, you must have 3 cups of veggies a day..now how you interpret that is up to you- I usually have at least 2 cups of salad and then something from the other group (1 cup). I have gone and had 2 cups of veggies and just 1 cup of salad. Just don't give up on the veggies though as it really helps with your digestion! Look at brocolli or cauliflower,asparagus,green beans as they have some higher carb counts to get your totals up! Good Luck