PDA

View Full Version : Eight days in...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SmittyD
Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:52
and it hasn't been that bad.

After seeing friends and coworkers have success with the LC thing, I thought it was time for me to give it a try. It sounds too good to be true...eat butter, eggs, cheese, red meat, etc. and LOSE weight!

Well, after eight days I can tell it is working for me. My jeans are a little looser and I've lost 8 pounds. I had some "sweets" cravings my first few days, but that appears to have gone away. I've drank more water in the last eight days than in the previous month! I do miss my potatoes, though! My first real test was last Saturday night when I attended a 40th bithday party of a friend. I knew there would be lots of high calorie snacks, cake and all types of alcoholic beverages. Thankfully, the hostess of the party had LC snacks. She is on the diet, too. She did twist my arm (Yeah, right!) and get me to drink two small glasses of wine. I had a great time without eating and drinking too much, like I usually do at a party.

Eating out hasn't been much of a problem, so far, but I've been avoiding my favorite Italian place that my work crowd used to visit at least once per week. What can us LC-ers eat in an Italian restaraunt?

I'm going to give this a good, honest effort. My first goal is to get below 300 lbs.. My second goal is to lose 25 more and take it from there. I don't want to get skinny...just slimmer for the ladies.

That's enough for now. Later!

cori
Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:56
That's awesome Smitty! Keep up the good work! :D

As far as Italian - some places will have chicken (unbreaded) cooked in olive oil and garlic or somesuch. Also, caesar salad (hold the croutons) is usually a safe choice. Just be sure the dressing doesn't taste too sweet!

Zuleikaa
Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:58
Welcome to the board!!! You're doing great!!!