PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JaydensMom
Sat, Jan-31-04, 13:14
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Hi! I'm new here and new to the Atkins program too! I am looking forward to meeting some great people and learning all that I can to LOSE this weight! I have had 4 kids and I am really looking forward to a new "Me" after all these years! I have only been on this program for 5 days, but all ready feel and see a difference! I have alot to learn, so I will be bending your ears for any and all information and advice. Hope you all don't mind! I am so excited to have found this site! Looking forward to meeting you all! And may we all be BIG LOSERS!!! :dazzle:

DaddioM
Mon, Feb-02-04, 23:07
Welcome on board!! GL on the weight loss. I've already lost 35 and more importantly, my shape has changed and I've lost about 6 " off my waist (judging from my belts).

My one piece of advice, look at ALL the carbs, not just the net carbs. I've found that the only carbs I can subtract from the total is the fibre. Many have "net carbed" themselves into weight gain.

JaydensMom
Tue, Feb-03-04, 09:00
Hey there! Thank you for the nice Welcome! And Congrat's on your weight loss! That is terrific! And I just came to the realization a few days ago, that I too, can only subtract the fiber from the carb total. It just made more sense to me. And YES! I truly believe that you can get yourself into a whole bunch of trouble if you are not careful with the whole "net carb" idea! I guess great minds think alike!! Lol! Thanks again for the nice Welcome! Good luck on your continued success!

Zuleikaa
Tue, Feb-03-04, 20:31
Welcome to the board!!!

eric909
Tue, Feb-03-04, 23:07
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

smoothblu
Tue, Feb-03-04, 23:26
Welcome to the forum - It's great to have you here. :yay:

JaydensMom
Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:11
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I will probably be bugging you all for tips and info since this is my first time at this Low Carb lifestyle! Looking forward to getting some much needed info from you guys. :wiggle:

Zebra
Wed, Feb-04-04, 22:07
Welcome! Looks like you are doing good so far! :) I'm glad you found the forum and I'm sure you'll get a lot of info here that you are looking for. Feel free to visit my journal anytime and think about starting one of your own...it's the best way to pop in and say HI once in awhile! ;)

Tina120
Thu, Feb-05-04, 12:46
Welcome! :angel: