PDA

View Full Version : 1st post

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrsCaine
Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:34
Hi everybody-
Hubby (Duke Magi- don't think he's posted anything) and I have been on diets (Body for Life, low-fat)for the past 2 years or so. We're heading to DisneyWorld in April, and we want to be on or near our goals by then. I'm only about 15 lbs from mine, so I think I'll make it.

We started Atkins on 01/12/04, and have each lost between 10-15 pounds at this point... very motivating! We're on our third week of induction to keep the weight loss up. The first two weeks were surprisingly easy, but this last week has been much harder for me. I'm craving all sorts of things. I think partially because I'm getting tired of eating the same stuff. I plan on checking out the recipe area soon. Neither of us have cheated at all, which we're very proud of.

My biggest problem has been getting motivated to exercise. I was an athlete in high school, but I just can't see the point of making myself uncomfortable (hot, sweaty, etc.) if I don't 'have to'. I know I just have to do it. The best thing about starting the diet has been sleeping through the night. I generally woke up at least twice for a bathroom visit; I can now usually make it from 10pm or so to 7am. I'm also falling asleep much easier; it used to take me 30-45 minutes. I'm sleeping within about 15 now.

This has gotten long enough, I think. Hope to 'meet' some of you soon!

PKV
Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:45
Hello from another Minnesota lc'er :wave:

So you are in the frozen tundra too? Congrats on the weight loss. Atkins has been a lifesaver and also this forum. I had to break down and start exercising to continue the weight loss and because of weather I have a treadmill. I have to watch tv to keep me going. You will have to find out what works for you. Hopefully the cravings will be gone soon. Have you noticed a difference in the energy level?

Good luck to you and stay warm :lol:

MrsCaine
Fri, Jan-30-04, 14:19
Hi Paula-
Thanks for the response and encouragement. The 30 inches of snow we received forced some exercise- three days worth of shoveling! Yuck. I need to force myself to get up and exercise early in the morning, because I'm just too tired at the end of the day. But to get out of my nice, warm, comfy bed is nearly impossible! We have an elliptical trainer, and I need the TV on for that myself. I do enjoy doing Pilates and want to get into that again.

Thanks again for the post, and stay warm yourself!

AirForce2B
Fri, Jan-30-04, 14:23
Exercising can be a pain in the big ol butt, but live I've posted before, find something fun you enjoy doing...make your hubby dance with you in the living room. You would be suprised what cardio that is!!! Even just playing in the snow. The trick is to get your heart rate up, and keep it up. The recipe forum is GREAT. Try the pork rind pancakes they have in there, I made them last night, and they are AWESOME.