PDA

View Full Version : New member, eager for knowledge

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

djb0225
Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:18
:read: Hello Everyone,
Just started Atkins 1/5/04 and am struggling with it a bit, the scales don't show much of a loss, about 5 lbs., but my clothes are fitting much better.

I am a low carb convert, as I have been a WW lifetime member rejoining in Nov. 2003 and after 1 year at WW had lost 30 lbs. I was disappointed as I was constantly hungry and always craving snacks and sweets. After reading the Atkins plan, I now understand why this was happening.

My husband started Atkins in Aug. 2003 and lost 40 lbs in 8 weeks, so I thought I'd join him and we could lose together.

On the low carb, I feel more satisfied and find that I don't have the cravings for all those bad carbs. I just feel better period. I have more energy and stamina. I'm eager to learn more from "senior" low carbers.

Thanks for listening,
Donna

time2shine
Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:42
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/41991Alone1.gif

Welcome to the site Donna!!

This place is an incredible source of information, encouragement and support. When you get the chance make a journal..it will become a huge lifeline for you.

Wishing you much success!

Congrats to both you and your hubby for your weight losses so far...dont worry bout the pound loss it will come...you lose alot of inches eating this way...stick with it and reach out..you have friends here to support you!

HugsnMuahs,
Glim

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:56
Welcome to the board!!! Read, read, read.

TX Stacy
Sat, Jan-31-04, 13:19
**Hi Ya & Welcome!**:sunny:

You can do it;)

Here is a tip for ya...

Try having something with complex carbs {an hour} before your workout,
and save the protein (cheese/etc.) for immediately after.
If you don't have carbs in your system for fuel to act as a catalyst to
burn fat, you will burn muscle instead.
Protein immediately after working out will aid in restoration of muscle damaged by exercise.
EX. Before working out..Have some Oatmeal OR whole grain bread w/peanut butter, ETC..
Then, after workout, have plenty of water and a protein bar, or any other source of protein..(Cheese..Etc..};)

Good luck, and I hope ya start a journal here!

djb0225
Sat, Jan-31-04, 20:07
Thanks to all who replied to my first post. I received such a lift just hearing from others who have more experience with the lifestyle. Thanks for being so supportive.

kathroon
Sat, Jan-31-04, 21:47
Don't give up, the scales are not always giving you a true measure of your losses. Remember to take your measurements. Inches may be lost, but pounds may remain due to building muscle.

nursey15
Sun, Feb-01-04, 10:20
Just a quick welcome, from another Seagirl!!

You are doing great!! You are near goal so you will not notice a dramatic weight loss as us ummmm more indowelled people do.

Anytime you have questions feel free to ask and http://geocities.com/nursey15/help.gif!

Start a journal it is very motivational and inspirational and a great place to vent and show your progress.

You are doing http://geocities.com/nursey15/amazing.gif so far!