PDA

View Full Version : I'm new too!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladybuggzy
Fri, Jan-30-04, 07:35
Hello folks.

My name is Ladybuggzy. I have followed a low-carb plan in the past, but I recently RETURNED to the low-carb lifestyle in December of 2003. My highest weight was 274. I currently weigh 237. My goal weight is 144.

My doctor placed me on a high-protein/low-carbohydrate diet. He told me that this is the way I am to live for the rest of my life.

I have read the latest Atkins "new diet revolution" book. My doctor has modified this plan to better suit my personal dietary needs, but the plan I am following is similar to Atkins. (I am allowed to have more veggies and fruits than what is allowed in the Atkins plan.)

I currently exercise five times a week doing some form of cardio exercise.
Three times a week I lift weights for strength-training purposes.

I am 28. Married. No children (yet). I am from the USA.

I guess that's all about me!
Ladybuggzy

josiekat
Fri, Jan-30-04, 07:54
Welcome to the family Lady! You've come to the perfect place for help, support and ideas. A great group of people.....we're happy to have you aboard.

Looking forward to following your success!

PHATBOY
Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:54
Welcome to the forum LADY! Your gonna love this place as it just GIVES GIVES GIVES! I'm always here to get support, and have made lots of friends from around the world here! It's great just to come here and hear all the success storys and watch them unfold! Can I make a suggestion? Make yourself a Journal to keep track of your daily intake, people will drop in your journal every now and then to give you recipes, support, or just to get to know you. well i'm blabbing again so I just wanna say again, Welcome to the site and to the LCWOL!!! Manny

ladybuggzy
Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:54
Thanks for welcoming me into your group, guys!

I'm excited about learning everything I can from all the great people around here.

Ladybuggzy

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:55
Welcome to the board!!!

Slimbets
Sat, Jan-31-04, 16:14
Oops- I guess I should have come here first? I'm totally a "newbie" at your site - wasn't even sure what a "thread" was but am learning... I'm a mom of 3 young boys and carried all this extra weight for about a decade. Am getting closer to my goal but find I'm getting discouraged at times so it's nice to know/read your words of encouragement & advice.
Thanks for being here!

bigguyjonc
Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:40
WeLcOmE ladybugzy and Slimbets,

you'll love this place! i have learned so much from being here. Manny was right about the journal... i think that is the best part about this place. You guys are on the right track. I know you will do great!! :Party:

Jon