PDA

View Full Version : Canker sores

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mommatbird
Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:56
Ouch. Have two by my molars and under my tongue. I know it is the increased acidity of my diet. However, it interferes with phase 1. I am on day 4 and have only eaten SF jello. No chewing (oh please no chewing). I may do some broth and cottage cheese later if I feel brave.

Any tips on ridding yourself of these pesky things? Anyone else have this problem?

Glenda
Thu, Jan-29-04, 17:19
HI mommatbird. Not sure on how to get rid of canker sores, but a good thing to keep them away: garlic. My husband takes a garlic pill every day, and has not had a canker sore since he started doing that. IF he forgets for a few days, then somewhere down the road he will start to get one. Works for him anyway!!

Glenda

Emly
Thu, Jan-29-04, 23:19
My mom has always said that yogurt will help canker sores. I can't remember why - maybe the acidopholis in it? I'm not sure, but anyway, it always helped mine.

b4wego2003
Sat, Jan-31-04, 15:57
I know what you mean about canker sores. I would get them so bad (on and under my tongue, on my gums and side of my jaw) and so many I couldn't eat. My dentist was the one who told me what causes them and how to keep from getting them. Very seldom do I get them now and it is a relief.

Here is what he told me: It seems some people including myself are allergic to "sodium lauryl sulfate" that is found in toothpaste and mouthwash (it is what makes the stuff foam up). Do not use any products in your mouth that contains this ingredient. Instead (I use) Rembrandt Canker sore toothpaste (it's expensive but worth it) and Listerine if you want a mouthwash. Plus take 800 IU of Vitamin E daily. That's it. Hope this helps.