PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here from FL

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Auctionmom
Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:49
Hello all, I just came across this board by pure accident. I was searching for recipe's in which to use my Crockpot and on the side of the results page was a link for Lo-Carb Recipe's. So of course being an "On again, Off again" Atkins follower, I clicked on it. That is where I found the link for this support forum. I cannot tell you how glad I am to have come across it. I only joined yesterday, but want sooo badly to dig in deep to all your great helpful hints and tips.

Ok so now about me. My name is Danica and I am the mother of 4. I work out of my home doing whatever I can to keep me home with my youngest (2yr dd). I am 34 years old (35 in July) and can't remember the last time I felt "THIN". Not only on the outside, but on the inside as well. I feel as though I am soo much older than my actual age. My hair is unhealthy looking/feeling, my skin is sooo dry and flaky, my teeth are not in good shape, I just feel BLAH!!! Now I don't need a Physical or Exam of any sort by any Dr. to tell me that this is all stemming from me being overweight, I know it. I just need to do something about it already!!!

I did start following Atkins last May (188.5 lbs) and from then until just before Thanksgiving, I had lost a total of 23.5 lbs. (165 lbs) I was sooo proud of myself. Might I mention that I had my hubby following it with me and we were losing at the same rate. Now where he doesn't care to follow anymore and has gained all of what he lost, back. I have gained a yucky 3.5 lbs (168.5) and feel ohhhh soooo GUILTY!

So I am hoping that with the determination that I have and some support from this forum, that I can take those 3.5lbs back off and get back on the road to my goal weight (135 lbs).

Thanks Bunches!
Danica

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jan-31-04, 10:07
Welcome to the board!!! Glad you found us!!

Kristine
Sat, Jan-31-04, 11:32
Hi and welcome! :wave: Best of luck this time around - let's hear "LC for life!" instead of "on again, off again". :cheer:

I think you'll see a big improvement in your teeth, hair and skin once you're low carbing again. :thup:

Enjoy!

josiekat
Sat, Jan-31-04, 11:46
Welcome Danica...

What a great place to stumble upon huh? That's how I ended up here too. Can't say enough good things about the folks here. So welcome....looking forward to following your success!

J

TX Stacy
Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:19
Hello all, I just came across this board by pure accident. I was searching for recipe's in which to use my Crockpot and on the side of the results page was a link for Lo-Carb Recipe's. So of course being an "On again, Off again" Atkins follower, I clicked on it. That is where I found the link for this support forum. I cannot tell you how glad I am to have come across it. I only joined yesterday, but want sooo badly to dig in deep to all your great helpful hints and tips.

Thanks Bunches!
Danica

**Welcome!**:sunny:

I know you'll do just fine Danica;)

My LiL Tip I can share:
Try having something with complex carbs {an hour} before your workout, and save the protein (cheese/etc.) for immediately after.
If you don't have carbs in your system for fuel to act as a catalyst to burn fat, you will burn muscle instead.
Protein immediately after working out
will aid in restoration of muscle damaged by exercise.
EX. Before working out..Have some Oatmeal OR whole grain bread w/peanut butter, ETC..
Then, after workout, have plenty of water and a protein bar, or any other source of protein..(Cheese..Etc..}:sunny:

Good Luck and please think about starting a journal!
You will meet so many people with the same goals you have..
You'll have Tons of support!:hyper:

Hope ta chat again soon with ya:wave: