PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angler
Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:03
I have been doing the induction for 4weeks. I went from 285 to 272. However I have not lost any went in 2 weeks.I have cut out all snacks and tomatoes and onions. i am drinking alot of water,exercisering 20-30 min a day.I am having trouble going to the bathroom.I am taking stool softer and phsyullim.That does not seem to help. Is there anything else I can do . I am eating 17-19 grams of carbs a day. Please help.

Kara81k
Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:27
I am new also. Are your clothes getting loser? Also try different excercises your body might be ajusted to the ones u are doing. Use a measure to check your weight. Don't always depend on the scale to show your true weight. Also there is a place on the form where it says Introduce yourself and under that it says newbies questions. There is alot of post there that might help you out that others are asking. Hope this helps.

angler
Thu, Jan-29-04, 09:57
I am walking 30-40 min every other day and riding my nodic trac 20 min on other days. i am getting treid of not seeing the scale go down. Should I put the scale away and use a tape measure?

CindyG
Thu, Jan-29-04, 11:49
Hi Angler,

I understand it is pretty common to have a week or two of no weight loss immediately following induction. I lost 11 pounds during induction and then nothing for the next 3 weeks. Since then I have been pretty consistent at about 2 pounds a week. I also moved to OWL and am now eating betwen 25-30 carbs a day. Seems to be going pretty well for me.

Hang in there!

StarOrchid
Thu, Jan-29-04, 21:03
Angler, are most of your carbs coming from veggies? If you are eating low-carb bars or shakes, cut those out as they cause most of us to stall. Are you drinking enough water? I drink about a gallon each day. For the constipation, try some flaxseed or flaxseed capsules.

time2shine
Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:06
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/41991Alone1.gif

Welcome to the site!!

This place is an incredible source of information, encouragement and support. When you get the chance make a journal..it will become a huge lifeline for you.

Yes get a tape measure and take down your measurements..you gain muscle on this diet especially when youre exercising that will give you false readings if you go by scale alone....try some senna tea once in awhile to get things moving..you can find Smooth Move with the other teas in grocery stores...or Laci Lebeau Super Dieters Tea ...sometimes in with the teas or in the Dieters section of grocery stores.

Lowcarb works...commit to it long term and it will get you where you need to be.

Wishing you much success!

HugsnMuahs,
Glim

kathroon
Sat, Jan-31-04, 22:34
Hi there, about the problem with going to the bathroom, I had the same thing and several people told me to try the flax seed oil capsules ( I was able to purchase at Wal-Mart). I tried them and they worked very well with me as well as others. Don't get discouraged and persevere through the difficult as well as the
easy.

queen
Sun, Feb-01-04, 09:24
I'm new to the boards but have been LCing for nine months. I've lost 80 lbs so far. I know this doesn't sound kosher and flax seeds for constipation might work, but all I do is eat some low carb chocolate candy (like Russell Stover thin mints in a bag sold at Walmart) and I spend the night visiting the tidy-bowl man. Take your pick! (I must say that the thins mints do taste better than flax seed.)

queen

nursey15
Sun, Feb-01-04, 09:50
Don't get down about it, I only lost 8 pounds during induction and have only lost 13.5 total in the last month. But this is a WOL and not a quick fix, quick fixes are just that quick and the weight comes back just as quick. Sit back and enjoy the journey and http://geocities.com/nursey15/FLY.gif.

I agree start a journal it is motivational, inspirational and a great place to vent.

The most important thing is http://geocities.com/nursey15/Youvedoneit.gif by starting this WOE. You are doing http://geocities.com/nursey15/Fabulous.gif!

Keep up the great work.

oh yeah as an aside, it took me almost 3 weeks for my gut to catch up and start working right. Hang in there.