PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Introducing myself.......

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TAG87
Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:41
I was on WW last year, and it just stopped working for me. I lost from 211 down to 184, then started yo-yoing back up over the last 4 months until I hit 197.5 . I knew it was time to switch plans and go with something else. I was (and probably still am) hopelessly addicted to sugar and bread. As I looked back over my journals for the past year, I can see that these two have been the basis of my diet. I ate Low-fat everything so I could add in my pudding, chocolate and bread. I realize not that's NOT good. :(
So, after much searching, I finally decided that the only way I will ever get to my goal weight (145, although I may stop at 155) I would have to rid myself of the sugar demon. So here I am......

I started Atkins on Mon. Jan 26 (2 days ago). So far, I have lost 3 lbs in these 2 days, which is by FAR faster than I have ever lost weight before. I am absolutely thrilled with the results so far. It hasn't been easy, I am constantly having to remind myself that I can't have the sugar (had to clean out my office here at work!), but hopefully after this first week passes, it will be easier *fingers crossed*. I have conditioned myself over the years to have a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream after dinner every night, and this has been the hardest thing for me to let go of so far. Up to this point, I haven't cheated, and I don't intend to. This time I am going to make it to my goal. I am determined, and although this is the start of only my 3rd day, I am very encouraged by the results I have seen so far.

Oh yeah, guess what else? NO headache!!!!! I have suffered for years from chronic headaches, ta-da! they're gone. I am also MUCH clearer minded.
I do have more energy, but not a whole lot yet, perhaps that takes a couple of days to kick in? Anyway, I DO feel much better overall, and I'm really excited about this plan. I just WISH I had started this last year instead of sinking all that money into WW!!! Oh well, live and learn, right?

Tricia

Kristine
Wed, Jan-28-04, 18:19
Hi Tricia. Congratulations - getting rid of chronic headaches must be pretty nice! Best of luck on induction and enjoy the forum. :thup:

Zuleikaa
Wed, Jan-28-04, 20:26
Welcome to the board!!! It's great about the headaches!!