PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I am a new member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lil' pixie
Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:41
Hi, I am new to the support forum and would like to introduce myself.

I am glad there is a forum like this on the net. I have been on the Atkins Diet for only 5 days and have lost 10 pounds but I am having a very bad problem with loads of pressure on my bowels.

Just wondering if anyone else has problems going to the bathroom or if anyone has any advice on what I can do to relieve the pressure.

Anyways, glad to know there are people out there to talk to about weight loss.

lil' pixie

Paleoanth
Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:45
Welcome!

You have to make sure you get enough fiber. Many people take fiber in the form of psyllum husks here. I think you can get it in capsule form? It might take a few days for your body to adjust to a low carb way of eating.

lil' pixie
Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:57
Thanks alot for the reply. I thought maybe I needed some fiber but wasn't sure what I could eat to get fiber in my system. I will try the pills you suggested and let you know how they are working.

Thanks again,
lil' pixie

nrsratchet
Wed, Jan-28-04, 11:04
Psyllium also works well for me. You also need to make sure you are drinking enough water.