PDA

View Full Version : Day two newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mommatbird
Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:25
Well, considering I am fighting a cold at the moment, I am doing very well on this. Since December, I have tried to get back on Atkins many many times with no success. And one thing you can't do is Atkins just some of the time. So, after my birth mother told me she was on South Beach and it was wonderful and was working for her and how good she felt, I decided to check it out and give it a whirl. The big plus for us is that it tells you what to eat. I also figured out that I could probably mix and match meals later on. This will come in handy during Lent (fish fridays). I am not hungry, but that could be due to the head cold.
One question, does anyone else workout? Has that affected your weight loss? Inch loss? Just curious.

Bill L
Wed, Jan-28-04, 08:46
One question, does anyone else workout? Has that affected your weight loss? Inch loss? Just curious.

Working out works!

To lose a pound of fat, you need to burn 3500 more calories than you consume. Therefore if you burn 500 extra calories per day, you will lose a pound a week.

For example, walking at 4.5 mph for 45 minutes burns 300 calories. Everything you do burns calories. Laundry, preparing meals, walking, even sitting. Plus, you have a basic metobolic rate that burns 2000-3000 calories per day. You also consume 2000-3000 cals per day.

I'm not a calorie counter, but that's how your metabolism works. If you want to know how many calories certain activities burn, sign up for www.fitday.com and log in your daily activities. You can also log in your food intake. It will give you some nice reports for accurate tracking of your health.