PDA

View Full Version : Started on Nov1 2003 35lbs 1st post

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DaddioM
Mon, Jan-26-04, 02:05
Hello everyone,

I started on Atkins on Nov1 and have lost 35lbs and am LOVING it. What a change. I'm hoping I can stick with it when I get to maintenance mode (another 25-30lbs). For anyone scanning the forum, this really works!!

I'm interested in restaurant chains that are now serving low carb meals. Chili's, Friday's, Fuddruckers, Burger King...any others??

DaddioM

prinnypooh
Mon, Jan-26-04, 08:49
I hope that I am able to stick with this. So this really works. I have a long way to go 46 pounds. I am at 186 now. My plan is to have only 16-20grams of carbs a day and exercise 3 times a week. Do you really loose 5-10 pounds the first weeks?

Dewi
Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:00
Prinnypooh..yes you can lose that much during induction. Usually it is water weight. Just hang in there.

DaddioM - Good job on what you have lost so far. Now that you have joined the forum dont be a stranger. Visiting this site will definately help you "Stick" with it.

smilinka
Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:34
I started the same day as you and i have only lost 4 pounds..I was wondering if you could tell me some examples of what you eat on a daily basis...I have searched for recipes but have not found anything to exciting..and congrats on your weight loss that is soooo awesome.

prinnypooh
Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:50
This morning I had fried eggs and bacon.

I just finished lunch and I had tuna in water with two boiled eggs.

I am not sure what I will have for dinner yes maybe chicken.

for a snack I had Ham wraped around some cheese.

I am trying to focus on the things I can eat vesus the things I can't. I think that works better than, Oh I can't have pasta bread candy blah blah blah.

Please share with me what you are eating. That really helps me alot.

Thanks & Good luck to a new you!!!

Princess

danakins
Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:38
Hi Daddio (fellow Houstonian)! Congrats on your fantastic progress. Blimbie and Subway now have LC selections. There's ALWAYS Pappasitos fajitas w/o the tortillas or the Taco Salad w/o the tortilla strips. I also eat the Jungle Salad at Houstons. The Mexicobb Salad at Chuy's.

If I can think of more, I'll post.

Danakins

DaddioM
Thu, Jan-29-04, 02:22
Hi Danakins,

Tried the subway bacon/chicken wrap, yum. Also found the low carb totilla's at Kroger and have made various things with them (including pizza). I've leveled out this past week, I think I've been 2 carbing myself to death with peanuts in the evening.

Ahh..almost forgot, had a steak with a gau...... cheese cream sauce at Johnny Carino's last night, it was great. Hmmm...apparently the taste of the food lingers, but the name of the dish didn't.

Oh well..

Hey smilinka...how much exercise are you getting? I find that I need to burn more carbs than I eat to lose, exercise REALLY helps.

See y'all later

DaddioM

eric909
Thu, Jan-29-04, 16:44
Hi
Great progress DaddioM keep on losing :wiggle:

DaddioM
Thu, Jan-29-04, 23:30
Dewi or Danakins, you guys are both senior members so have been around the board a time or two. Is there an easy way to check if people have responded to your posts? There are sooooooo many threads that I feel like I'll never talk to the same person twice.

Operaghost
Fri, Jan-30-04, 00:50
There is a link down near the bottom of the page that says "Subscribe to this Thread". Click on that!

OG

DaddioM
Fri, Jan-30-04, 23:52
Thanks Operaguy...subscribe..got it