PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, im new.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kara81k
Sun, Jan-25-04, 09:00
I have just started my LC diet yesterday. I am so excited about loseing weight lol. I got to tell you though, it is killing me not to eat carbs. I know I can have up to 20 somthing grams a day, but im a choc fan and it has way more then 20 somthing. Any one have any help tips for me? Do they have any LC choc? I ate stackums yesterday, it had less than one gram of Carbs. I ate a tiny bit of ketchup. I also ate boiled and scambled eggs. All I had to drink was water. The water thing isn't going to be a big deal because I am use to that. I use to drink diet drinks once in a while. Should I stay away from diet drinks? I am 5"2;172 pounds. People say I don't look big, but I feel big. After I had my son 6 yrs ago, I weighed 130 pds. I got on depo that same day and my weight shot up. I am off depo now and on the pills. I have been on the pills for almost 2 yrs now. Hope to meet you all :)

suzanneM
Sun, Jan-25-04, 09:06
Hi! Have you read the book? If not, best to pick it up.

The whole thing about induction is learning to NOT eat carbs & chocolate, so no, you should not even try. You've got to re-train your mind and you body; your whole thinking process when it comes to food. It's not easy at first but nothing worthwhile ever is! If you are already looking for ways to get what you are not supposed to have, (like LC chocolate) then you won't have much luck.

Give it a 2 week go, eating exactly as you are supposed to. You'll really be surprised at how you view stuff once you remove yourself from it!

If you haven't yet, go to www.fitday.com & register, use it to track everything.

Good luck!

suzanneM
Sun, Jan-25-04, 09:08
I forgot to add.... yes, give up the diet drinks for a while and focus on the water. A lot of people are very sensitive to artificial sweeteners and it could prevent you from loosing. After the 2 weeks, you can try to add them slowly back in if you want to determine if they will cause you problems or not.

I think I may even be a bit sensitive to granulated Splenda! I now only use Davinci Syrups, which are sweetened with liquid Splenda (NO carbs) and I've noticed more loss than before.

Kara81k
Sun, Jan-25-04, 09:29
Hey I just registerd at fit day. Thax so much :) K I will stay away from those sweet tooth things lol. I will get that book soon. Which book do I get? And where to get it at? Should I stay away from the foods that say less than one gram of Carbs?