PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here from MO

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tigger70
Sat, Jan-24-04, 16:16
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to say hello and briefly introduce myself. I am from MO and have been doing Atkins since the beginning of the month. I would really say that I am still in the induction period. I keep having slip ups. But went to the store today and got several low carb items that I can have during this period. I started out losing 8 lbs. and have 26 more to go. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Beth:)
164/156/130

tamij
Sat, Jan-24-04, 21:52
Beth-
sounds like you are on the right track,it really is amazing how many low carb items are in the stores now.I went to get a few things myself tonight and although I am still in induction myself,w/ alot more weight to lose,I found some low carb (only 3net carbs per slice)bread from a baker here in WI from the town of Oconomowoc where I grew up.(I put it in the freezer untill after the induction period) I am sure it will not be long before more companies come to their senses and join the millions of people changing their eating habits and giving up high carb foods.
hopefully Hostess will be one of the first -ha!ha!ha!
good luck-keep us posted of your success!!
Tamij

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jan-24-04, 22:02
Welcome!!! Keep at it!!