PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum-Need Inspiration

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Anne768
Sat, Jan-24-04, 10:07
Hi Everyone!

I want to introduce myself to your forum and hopefully become healthier and happier while I begin my "Atkins" low-carb diet.

I am looking to find a low-carb buddy to share recipes, etc...with.

I have so many ??'s..

I have not read any entries...only began w/looking at before/after photo's...which has given me an extra boost to begin this low-carb lifestyle which will hopefully give me the energy to workout.

Look forward to your suggestions and comments.

--Anne768

Bugspit
Sat, Jan-24-04, 10:09
Hi Anne and welcome to the forum. I am fairly new but have learned a lot and love to cook, so I have quit a few recipes. I have done fairly well and have only cheated once in 20 days. If you have any question feel free to ask. We are all here together.

Anne768
Sat, Jan-24-04, 10:22
Hi Bugspit....I hope you don't mind me putting you in my "buddy" list....i am not sure how...but hopefully will figure it out...

sharing recipes would be great....

i hope to figure this web-site out so i can make the most out of it....

Thanks for your quick response!!
...now i need to figure this thing out...
Talk to ya soon...--anne768

tamij
Sat, Jan-24-04, 22:21
Anne-
Would love to have a buddy.I am doing Atkins also,made it thru the first week(and a dinner party w/ lasagna as the main dish)so if i can do that, anyone can,I am a total weakling for italian food ,but I have totally made up my mind to get healthy for myself as well as my 4 kids-being a fat mom has its downers,I can not run or play or sled or well not much of anythinf w/o being tired right away.So this had turned into kinda a family thing for me, So if you need a cheerleader I am here for you.advice is better left to the
senior members as I am newbie myself, but I am pretty good at motivating people.
So let's do this together and get healthy!!!
Tamij

GypsyAngel
Sun, Jan-25-04, 17:07
Hi Anne768!
Welcome!!! Check out the Countdowns, Challenges, and Buddies section. It's a great place to find people with similar interests and goals!
Good luck on your journey!
Cheers,
Gypsy :roll:

Anne768
Mon, Jan-26-04, 04:26
Hello tamij and gypsy....i am glad to have gotten on my computer this morning with a couple new "buddies" i am adding to my buddy list...

tamij: i have done the Atkins before ... several years ago. and did pretty well .. i lost 12 lbs in the first few weeks of the induction phase ((*motivation*)) & stayed with it for a while.....but then went back to "old" eating habits & brought the lbs back on...

gypsy: you have done a great job so far!...What cruise ship will you be on?...We took a cruise in 1999 w/Carnival.

Journel: I did OK yesterday...but Saturday .... blew it...

I am back on the bandwagon this morning tho....

**I will not get frustrated .... I will not get frustrated**

patigayle
Mon, Jan-26-04, 06:27
Hi Anne.................what part of Texas are you in?
Welcome !

Pati

Anne768
Tue, Jan-27-04, 05:37
Hi Pati....I am so close to you....I am in Dallas...in this huge state...that's pretty darn close....
Nice to meet you...

--anne768

--anne