PDA

View Full Version : I've been MIA / SBD Board Ideas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CakkyDoodl
Sat, Jan-24-04, 08:24
Hi everyone. I've been hiding for a few days being naughty foodwise. Anyone interested in it can read my journal, it's not terribly exciting, and I'm going to try (again) to get back on track. Maybe I can make up with tenacity what I have so far lacked in eating right. Yes, I know eventually I'm giong to have to actually follow the program if I want it to work :)

I'm thinking this part of the board is kinda slow because SBD is a recent addition. I have a couple of ideas to try to keep things moving so people who stop by to check it out will see some activity, and we can build up a larger base.

1. Question of the Day. Not necessarily food related. I have posted these on another board I go to and I think it's a fun way to get to know people.

2. Spotlights. We sign up and one person per week is in the spotlight, and everyone asks questions of that person, again to get to know them better.

3. Daily menu thread, a new one every day where people post what they're eating today.

What do you think? If you like the idea, are you willing and around enough to take over the running of said idea?

CakkyDoodl
Tue, Jan-27-04, 19:01
okay. I and one other person want to play. Do the other 41 of you not want to? if not, please vote "no" so I'll know. Or PM me and tell me to bugger off. Or vote yes :) or something!! Please?

lawoman
Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:53
Hi Cacky..I,for one,like your ideas.Sorry it took me so long to get to your thread.There are so many threads here for SB that have no activity and it is hard to find the time to visit all of them.I had thought that we would have one main thread where all general info would go.I hope none of us give up but rather try to get organized and be here for one another as the support is so important.

Linda