PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Babymomma
Thu, Jan-22-04, 21:08
I am new to this forum and would like to say Hello. I have been on the Low Carb diet for 2 years now. When I started, I weighed 160 lbs which is alot for a 5'5" small frame. After following the Atkins diet for about 6 months faithfully, I reached my goal of 115 lbs. Went from a size 12 to a size 6 and felt WONDERFUL!!! As you see, my username is Babymomma- I recently had a little boy (now 8 1/2 months) and gained alot of my weight back, but have managed to get down to 135 lbs. I am having a real hard time adjusting back to the commitment I once had. I am really trying and came here for support. When I became pregnant, I still found myself watching what I ate and after ALOT of ragging from everyone around me, gave in and ate what I wanted. Thanks and I look foward to meeting you all- Babymomma

Zebra
Fri, Jan-23-04, 00:52
Welcome! Stick with it! As you know...this way of life WORKS! You've proven it to yourself once already. Looks like you are doing awesome so far. Congrats!

Your story sounds much like mine! To sum it up quickly (or not so quickly!): Weighing in at a whopping 165 (size 11/12), I first went on the Atkins diet before my wedding in 2001. I got down to 140 (not as good as your weight loss!) and was pretty happy (also a size 6) with how I looked. Went on our honeymoon and gained 10 pounds. Very disgusted with myself...I went back on the diet hard core...didn't lose a pound for the first couple weeks...figured out that I was pregnant! :) I tried to stay away from the carbs during my pregnancy, but just like you, I was ragged on by all of my friends...I gave in. I gained a total of 50 pounds and was pretty much a blob. I tried to go back on the diet when my baby was about 5 months, but I just couldn't give up my sweets. My little boy is now 15 months and I am FINALLY back on the right track.

nrsratchet
Fri, Jan-23-04, 01:55
Welcome babymomma & zebra. My fourth child is 9 months old and I am trying to lose the weight I gained with my last two pregnancies. I find it helps me stay on track to start a journal. You can do it on this site or just on your own, but it will help you focus and stay on track.

Babymomma
Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:37
Thanks for the welcome Zebra and Nrsratchet! It's good to know there are others out there have been there and done that!

Nrsratchet, thanks for the advice on startng a Journal. I have never done that before, so I'll check into starting that today. It sounds like a great way to get started and also to help one stay committed!

Thanks again- Babymomma