PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks and counting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Monalisa11
Thu, Jan-22-04, 10:25
Hi everyone;
This is so great. I am thilled to have finally become a member - how motivating - everyone contributes and supports each other. I've already had people in the same boat as I am helping me with some of my concerns.

I've been on the Atkins diet for almost 3 weeks. I've lost about 5 lbs total so far. I wanted to loose 20 lbs total, maximum. I have noticed though, that my weight is stalling now. My clothes seem to fit better, but the numbers on the scale are the same. I have been eating the carmel nut endulge bars, and like others here, that could be why I haven't lost anymore. From my understanding those conrolled carb snacks could hindering my weight loss. Guess I should try to cut them out. Going to try sugarless jello instead.
Is it just the atkins bars though or is it all of the controlled carb snacks? I have been eating controlled carb "Gourmet" mini cakes occassionally for breakfast as well.

I am thinking about moving on to Phase 2 of the program. Am I ready or should I stay in Induction longer? I only want to loose 10 to 15 lbs more. How would I even switch to Phase 2? I am really missing fruits. Can I have ANY fruits yet?

Thanks for any advise or suggestions you can provide me with...
ml

Kathy54
Thu, Jan-22-04, 10:41
Hello and welcome, well yes you have discovered that those bars and sweets can work againist you :rolleyes: Sadly they are marketed as a good thing while low carb'n, but reading through this board you'll find several people with the same results.

Your profile says you have read atkins for life, it's good but , the main one for beginners Dr. Atkins New Rev Diet, is far more imformative on how to do the stages, if you can get it, you should. IF not go to the Atkins web site, and read throught he stages.
If you are happy with what you have lost so far, then move on to OWL and you can start to add in some berries. On the site you'll find a list foods he recomends to add in slowly.

AS for the scales slowing down, that is very typical, you're fine :)

Cheers Kathy

Monalisa11
Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:37
Thanks Kathy.
I have only skimmed through the Atkins for Life... my Aunt leant it to me for a short time. But I did buy a Dr. Atkins paper back - not sure if that's the same one you are talking about (white cover) - but I haven't gotten around to read it yet. I have the intent to. I use the website regularly though. Love it - very helpful.

Zebra
Thu, Jan-22-04, 13:57
Hey there~

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you...just started ...lost 5 pounds...and now kind of in a stall. I too got addicted to the Carmel Nut Chews and gave them up as of last night. Lost 1 1/2 pounds (reached my first mini goal) overnight and feel so much better because of it. They made me feel bloated and I could never have less than one!...they were like chips to me! So yesterday I vouged to have my husband hide them from me and give me ONE as a reward to reaching my mini goals (I'll skip the reward tonight since I ate a carmel chew yesterday).

I thought about moving to Phase 2 as well...but changed my mind. I'm doing pretty well in the Induction phase, so I'll stick with it until I'm tired of the limited foods.

Good luck! You're doing awesome so far! Keep up the good work!