PDA

View Full Version : Menu 1/19

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CakkyDoodl
Mon, Jan-19-04, 09:03
Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting this (if I am someone quietly smack me) but there don't seem to be all that many of us around so I'm going to take some initiative. Whatcha eating today? Here's my plan:

B: 2 eggs, turkey bacon, V8
S: 2 ounces cheese
L: 2 oz pork loin, lima beans, cole slaw, green beans
S: 30 pistachios
D: chicken breast, lima beans, broccoli
S: SF fudgesicle

latuda
Mon, Jan-19-04, 10:04
Good Morning CakkyDoodl!!

This is what my menu is today:
B: 2 eggs fried on top of 2 pieces of lean Canadian bacon with a slice of 2% cheese.
S: Cottage cheese w/splenda and cinammon.
L: 2 cups of salad with assorted vegies, turkey and cheese.
S: 1/4 cup peanuts with diet a/w root beer
D: Stroganoff and a tossed salad.

Have a great day at the Beach peeps!

vbrowne
Mon, Jan-19-04, 10:27
Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs, sliced turkey breast

Snack:
2 sticks celery with 2 triangle of laughing cow light cheese

Lunch:
2 cups salad greens, 5 cherry tomatoes, tuna mixed with light may, green onions

Snack:
same as above / turkey breast

Dinner:
Fillet of soul cooked in olive oil, broccoli with parmasean cheese / lemon on top

Since I don't have the book yet, how does my menu look?

Vikki

CakkyDoodl
Mon, Jan-19-04, 10:43
Your menu looks good to me Vikki. Check the mayo to make sure they didn't use bad carbs to make up for the lack of fat. Dr. A recommends using a little of the full fat stuff.

I wish I were not the only one around here eating beans and milk but since they are allowed and since it works, I'm not going to worry about it.

vbrowne
Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:16
Do the cold cuts need to be full fat or low fat?

Thanks

gawdess
Mon, Jan-19-04, 13:17
Thanks for starting this..I tried getting another thread going on here...Lets get this going daily to get ideas. Today my diet is...

B - 3 Eggs Scrambled
Morn Snack - Pistachios
Lunch - Caesar Salad
Mid Aft Snack - Whey Protein Shake
Dinner - Whole Wheat Pasta with Marinara and Salad
Evening Snack - Grapes

latuda
Mon, Jan-19-04, 15:42
Vbrowne - the books says lowfat or fat free only. I really can't tell much in the difference in taste. I think your menu looks yummy!!

vbrowne
Mon, Jan-19-04, 15:44
Thanks latuda - I will definately get the book tomorrow - one more question, can I use butter, like on Atkins or do I have to stick with the spray?

thanks

Boom
Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:31
Breakfast: 1 Serv Fiber 1 cereral with l/f milk
Snack: none, I was at a doctors appt
Lunch: two eggs over, with some r/f cheddar on top and hot sauce mixed in
Snack: 1 S/F pudding, 15 almonds
Dinner: shrimp cocktail and a tiny bit of cocktail sauce
Snack: a Skinny Low carb bar, vanilla caramel almond, mmmmmm, cannot wait for that one.

roche
Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:03
Hey all, here's my second day with Southbeach.

Br. 2 eggs and 2 canadian bacon
v-8 juice

snack. 2 ham rollups

lunch. cesar chicken salad

dinner. chicken chowmein (chicken, napa cabbage, scallions, celery and almonds with soysauce, sesame seed oil, chicken broth, and splenda)

dessert. 1 sf fudgsicle

Roche

CakkyDoodl
Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:11
No butter, just spray. Fats you can use are canola, soybean, olive oil, a little full fat mayo, full fat salad dressings. I think that's it. The mayo didn't come from the book, but from the Prevention chat with Dr. A.

vbrowne
Tue, Jan-20-04, 07:31
thanks again.

Vikki

gawdess
Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:06
Breakfast - Protein Shake 3 eggs with Mushrooms
Midmorning snack - Pistachios
Lunch - Tuna with Salad
Mid Afternoon - Protein Bar
Dinner - All Bran
Evening Snack - Plum

TX Stacy
Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:54
Here is what I put on the other thread lastnight...:) Hope this is the right place for this...LOL...If not, Sorry guys...

Here is what we had for dinner, this is just day 3 for us on SBD....

Tex-Mex Chicken:

In a bowl; add 3 TBS. Cumin, 3 TBS. Garlic Powder, 1 TSP. Chili Powder, Salt to your taste, 1/2 TSP. Black pepper, 1 TSP. Paprika...Mix well. Add enough EVOO{Extra Virgin Olive Oil} to make it soupy/loose, so you can brush both sides of chicken with it.{If you run out of sauce just add more spices and evoo.}
Take a baking sheet and line with foil. Spray cooking spray on foil..Place chicken on. Top chicken with chopped cilantro. BROIL for 18 mins.
Flip chicken, add cilantro on top and cook 17 more mins. or until cooked through. YUMMO!

Ahead of time make some pico de gallo. I serve this ontop/side of chicken.

Pico: Equal amounts of chopped tamata's, yellow onion, and cilantro. Add salt and mix well. Chill in fridge. Stir before serving.
To take the "raw" bite out of onions, soak chopped onions in ice water for 10 mins.;)

We also had a salad with iceburg lettuce/fresh spinach leaves tossed together.

I have some more I can add tomorrow if ya like guys.

Thanks for all the ideas guys!:yay:

Great thread!

TX Stacy
Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:57
Here is what we will have tonight guys.:)

Orange Beef Stir Fry

As much stew meat as you'll need to feed family/guests
1 Tbs. orange zest
1 tsp. wok oil infused with ginger
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. minced garlic
5 cups or more of fresh spinach leaves
Red and green bell pepper{sliced in long strips}
Water chestnuts {optional}
1 packet sweet n low or 1 tsp. splenda
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tsp. cornstarch {to thicken sauce.} Optional
1/3 C. orange juice{I use 1/3 C. Sugar Free Tang..0 carbs as well.}
1 Tbs. Hot Water

Place beef in a bowl and season wit salt, pepper, garlic powder, and minced garlic.
ADD: Soy sauce, orange zest, Tang/O.J., splenda/other, and let marinate 15 mins.
Start steaming your spinach.
In wok or skillet: Add wok oil...Place beef and marinade in skillet/wok. Stir and cook 6 mins. Medium high Heat
Meanwhile, take cornstarch and water...mix together.
Add water chestnuts and bell peppers...Stir in cornstarch...Cook 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Pour Beef and Sauce over Spinach.

Match Stick Zucchini: Preheat oven ta 450'
Take as many as you'll need and slice/chop into match sticks...
Place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with EX V olive oil
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, a lil bit of orange zest, and fresh/dried parsley.
With yer hands or tongs, mix well. Spread out evenly on baking sheet.
BAKE 10 mins. then stir...Cook 10 more mins. or until fork tender.

ENJOY!!:) {{HUGS}}

Judi B.
Tue, Jan-20-04, 16:30
Thanks, Stacy!
Another one to cut and paste!
Judi!

TX Stacy
Tue, Jan-20-04, 16:50
Not a problem;)

Yer welcome....We gotta stick together and make this work, and easy as possible! LOL...:lol:

tekgoddess
Wed, Jan-21-04, 03:22
This is what I had yesteray the 20th

B 2eggs scrambled with sausage and cheese
S none
L Hotdog with cheese wrapped in a lettuce bun w/mustard
S String cheese and Diet Cherry Coke
D Grilled chicken salad with lowfat Ranch Dressing and cheese

PilotGal
Sun, Jan-25-04, 05:53
Those of you posting salad on your daily menu... you don't mention salad dressing. Are you eating your salad dry?

and those of you posting caesar salads, are you using bottled dressing, or creating your own recipe?

And i'm noticing no portion sizes with lima beans, or other legumes.. Is there a portion size per meal?

The person that posted the whole wheat pasta with sauce, you didn't say whether you had 1 cup or 12 oz and did you measure it before cooking or after cooking? Was it angel hair or linguini? and marinara sauce, you didn't say whether it was 1 T or 1/2 cup of sauce.

Does size matter in portions?

thank you for your response.

vincenza28
Sun, Jan-25-04, 13:49
Hi I had for a snack s/f chocolate covered grahams cookies. Is this considered an allowable snack?

Vivian

rezig
Mon, Jan-26-04, 13:15
Hi All, I think I may be a little confused. I thought that eggs and protien were unlimited unless they were high in fat (like fatty meats). Because I have quite a stretch between breakfast and lunch, I will sometimes have 3 eggs and turkey bacon.. here's a typical menu for me. Let me know if this looks okay:

B: 3 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon (if no bacon i will add some lowfat cheese to my eggs)
S: Mozarella String Cheese
L: Chicken Ceaser Salad (bought from a nearby restaurant)
S: 15 nuts
D: 2 pieces of grilled chicken or 1 sirloin steak (small size) and a vegetable like Cauliflower or a large salad with fresh baby spinach leaves instead of another type of lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, and low carb dressing.

Let me know - I have used the Ketone strips and it shows that I am burning 'em - but seem to have slowed on the weight loss.

Petey
Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:53
that tex - mex chicken sounds tasty stacy!
one thing. i'm not sure if you know this but chili powder is a combination of paprika & cumin.
either way your recipe sounds good enough to make you do jumping jacks!

:yay:

PilotGal
Sat, Jan-31-04, 06:01
Those of you posting salad on your daily menu... you don't mention salad dressing. Are you eating your salad dry?

and those of you posting caesar salads, are you using bottled dressing, or creating your own recipe?

And i'm noticing no portion sizes with lima beans, or other legumes.. Is there a portion size per meal?

The person that posted the whole wheat pasta with sauce, you didn't say whether you had 1 cup or 12 oz and did you measure it before cooking or after cooking? Was it angel hair or linguini? and marinara sauce, you didn't say whether it was 1 T or 1/2 cup of sauce.

Does size matter in portions?

thank you for your response.

(i didn't get any responses to any of the posters on these subjects that
posted, will try again. thanks)

Petey
Sat, Jan-31-04, 15:44
here's how i eat my salad:

i dont use lettuce i use baby leaf spinach in which i drizzle extra virgin olive oil over it and then top with grated pecorino romano cheese. sometimes i add black olives. i never use vinigar because it kills the taste of the salad.

RonaMoore
Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:55
Hi!
The South Beach diet book says the serving size for lima beans and the types of beans he allows on Phase 1 (black. kidney and 1or 2 others I can't recall, no pinto or navy during lphase 1) is 1/2 cup.

Stretchy
Thu, Mar-03-05, 19:27
No butter, just spray. Fats you can use are canola, soybean, olive oil, a little full fat mayo, full fat salad dressings. I think that's it. The mayo didn't come from the book, but from the Prevention chat with Dr. A.

Hi,
Are the chats transcribed and available on the forum? I've looked but, did not find. I'd love to see what Dr. Agatson has to say.

Thanks a bunch

Judynyc
Thu, Mar-03-05, 21:00
The chats with Dr. Agatson are available at the official South Beach site. It costs $65- per year to join that site. Its worth the money if you use it but I don't go there too much as I have what I need here.