PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nukes
Sun, Jan-18-04, 19:17
Hi , I am new here and I am hopeful that I will finally loose this weight that I have been carrying around for the last few years (since having kids anyway). I am 44 pounds over weight and love the thought of committing to this Atkins diet today. I know it will be good for my whole family including my children (6 year old twins and a 3 year old). Just a question have any of you reduce the carbs for children this young , is it advisable?? I don't want to cut them out completely for the kids but reduce the amount greatly from what they are eating now. I think my 2 daughters will have weight issues if we don't watch them now.
Looking forward to reading your wonderful inspiring stories
Karen

danakins
Sun, Jan-18-04, 19:31
Hi Nukes, being a mom...all I can say is to lead by example and try to dissuade them from chosing sugary foods and snacks over more healthy sugar-free or natural sugar foods. Just be sure that they stay active and that exercise is always a part of their routine lives.

Danakins