PDA

View Full Version : how does South B differ from Suzanne Somers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rosarugosa
Sun, Jan-18-04, 19:11
plan? Also is Sugar Busters close to the maintenance of South Beach.

I lost weight on Suzanne Somers plan and have maintained what I lost by following The Schwarzbein Principle) basically. Over the summer I had some cheats (used fructose and Splenda to sweeten but had so much extra activity it did not bother my loss. But I have gained a cpl. of extra lbs. after the holiday season (the real thing--sugar! :nono: and less activity due to the colder weather and not being able to walk as much (excuses,excuses)

anyway -- I have been seeing a lot of good things about the South Beach diet so I came here to get some 'real people' opinions. I plan to buy the book when I can get to my favorite half price book store. It must be popular-- I put it on hold at the public library and am #119 (I guess others are curious too!)

I think I will be returning to this board to read of your experiences. I feel ready to start getting serious again to see if I can get into a BMI that is in the normal range by losing the last 10 lbs I have come so close to but not attained for several years.

What is the South Beach authors ideas on artificial sweetners?

CakkyDoodl
Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:15
He's for 'em. Including Splenda and Aspartame.

You can find a Prevention magazine guide to the Weight loss in supermarkets right now that is the SBD in a nutshell, so far in reading the book I haven't found any extra info. For $4 maybe a good place to get the basics until it comes in from the library. That's exactly what I did.

CakkyDoodl
Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:32
Well I did get more information at www.prevention.com too including a transcript of a chat with Dr. A, so some of the book info I have already read probably came from there. Let me know if you go looking for it and have trouble finding it.

rosarugosa
Mon, Jan-19-04, 08:26
Thanks! The link worked beautifully, I printed the chat and will read it tonight when I return frome work.

This plan looks like the kind of happy medium I have been looking for at this time in my life.

Has anyone started with phase 2 and found success ?

CakkyDoodl
Mon, Jan-19-04, 09:00
I'm with you on the "happy medium" thing. The beans keep me going on Phase 1. Well not that I"ve done a good job but because of the beans and milk I can.