PDA

View Full Version : Yet another newbie !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ukguy
Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:58
[/FONT][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue] Hi everyone,im starting today(18th jan) and have approx 60-70 lbs to lose...Im well prepared as have been reading up since early December,Just decided to start in the new year. I hope none of you will mind me picking your brains from time to time....ty!

Lesle
Sun, Jan-18-04, 14:47
Hello and welcome, UKGUY.
There will be lots of helpful advice, and good conversations for you here. And lots of good advice, even if it's hard to hear sometimes
You are right in your thinking that being prepared is the key to a successful induction. It can be tough, but will be a lot easier if breads, chips, and cookies aren't calling your name from the kitchen!
Good luck and hang in there..it is worth it!
Lesle

DJ7
Mon, Jan-19-04, 08:36
UK,

That is what this site is all about, so ask away! It has been a great experience for me. We are about the same height and starting weight; with similar goals ... I start last June and have lost 60lbs, working towards being under 200lbs by the end of Jan.

Remember that this WOE is a lifestyle change and many things will change in your life. Look to begin adding habits to your life that will support your LC lifestyle, including drinking lots of water and getting some exercise. They will contribute greatly to continued weight loss. You will find a tremendous amount of great information on this forum ... use it to help get through the occasional rough spots over the next couple of months. Good luck!

-- DJ

smoothblu
Sun, Jan-25-04, 21:03
Welcome to the forum! Plenty of support and great sources of information too! It’s exciting to read other’s journals and be motivated by people who are achieving their goals.