PDA

View Full Version : which is the best book to get?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ezandreth
Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:46
Neanderthin or the Paleo Diet? I've been low carbing for two and a half years and lost most of my weight in the first 16 months. I'm pretty sure I did what Atkins calls blowing my one golden shot, and have been stalled (or maintaining, if I'm in a good mood) ever since.
Would really like to lose a bit more, as I'm just under five feet tall and my knees still hurt going up and down stairs. The paleo concept makes sense to me and I've been lurking here for a while, but now I'd like to do it properly, hence the question.
I've read Atkins and one of the Syndrome X books, skimmed Protein Power, but would like to read something in more detail about paleo eating. What do you folks recommend?
Zan

Hellistile
Tue, Jan-20-04, 09:40
Hi Zan: I prefer NeanderThin because it endorses eating fat whereas, Paleo Diet, for some reason, tries to go lower fat which doesn't make sense when you are doing low carb. I have read NeanderThin and have only heard about Paleo, haven't read the book so I'm only going by what I've read on Hunter-Gatherer websites. I find NeanderThin better because I eat less dairy and more veggies and fruit than on Atkins and consume absolutely no processed or low carb products. I do however still use a bit of butter on cooked vegetables and heavy cream in my coffee. My suggestion is to read both and do what feels right for you like I did.

crateprice
Mon, Jan-26-04, 13:04
I have read both books and agree. Also I love the way Neanderthin is written it is easy to understand and gets to the point. It shows you how you can get into the swing of things quickly. If you have already been doing low carb it is not that hard to switch over if you are not addicted to cheese. At least that is how it was for me.