PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's Chili

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CakkyDoodl
Sun, Jan-18-04, 08:13
Is it really okay? Is there *nothing* wrong with it or is it just a "lesser evil" kind of choice?

CakkyDoodl
Sun, Jan-18-04, 08:58
THere's sugar in the chili seasoning. Here's the nutrition info:

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v35/clwdis/Image2.jpg

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v35/clwdis/Image1.jpg

doreen T
Sun, Jan-18-04, 16:47
..or is it just a "lesser evil" kind of choice?LOL!! Probably. It's definitely more suitable than anything deep-fried. A salad would be most ideal, of course ;) but even so there's the potential for added sugar in the dressing. On the plus side, at least the chili provides a good amount of fiber, and zero trans fats. Although there's a couple grams of saturated fat from the ground beef, it's still very low amount in the small portion.

A person shouldn't plan to have Wendy's chili as part of their regular South Beach menu, but if it happens that you're out and there's not a lot of other options, then it could be a reasonable choice.

Doreen

CakkyDoodl
Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:04
TYVM :) I had stopped reading at the sugar in the chili seasoning, but now I see there is sugar in the beans, and also pink beans (don't know the GI on those.)

Lobstergal
Sat, Mar-26-05, 19:49
Is it really okay? Is there *nothing* wrong with it or is it just a "lesser evil" kind of choice?

In California they found a partial human finger in a bowl of Wendy's Chili.

GinaLeanne
Sat, Mar-26-05, 19:51
In California they found a partial human finger in a bowl of Wendy's Chili.

that is terrible, yuk......... :help:

Ms Sarah
Sun, Mar-27-05, 10:50
Ugh...I heard that on the news too! Ick Ick ick!

Well, you could always make yr own chili with ground beef, tomato sauce, kidney beans (you are allowed up to 1/2 cup)...maybe add some mushrooms...and some spicy spices!

I'm sure you could put in serving sizes and freeze it as well.....the its good to go anytime!

joesfolks
Fri, Apr-01-05, 13:11
Fingers are definately low carb. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gawdess
Fri, Apr-01-05, 13:14
Watch out for the carbs in Nail polish!

Lessara
Fri, Apr-01-05, 14:57
I won't eat their chili, I have a friend who is a night manager and he told me that the meat in the chili is expired cooked hamburgers that they grind up. For real. Then its boiled to kill of anything bad. >>Shiver<< No thanks!

Lobstergal
Fri, Apr-01-05, 17:15
I won't eat their chili, I have a friend who is a night manager and he told me that the meat in the chili is expired cooked hamburgers that they grind up. For real. Then its boiled to kill of anything bad. >>Shiver<< No thanks!

Eeeewwwww. That *is* gross.

Ever since the finger/chili story I won't even eat chili at Timmy's anymore.
Much better to eat at home where you know the food is safe.

cygirl
Sat, Apr-02-05, 14:12
I wouldnt feed my dogs Wendy's anything........just stay away :lol:

SusanKH
Tue, Apr-05-05, 15:21
I think if we all knew what went on behind the scenes at restaurants we would never eat anywhere but home. Not very practical but some of the stuff I have learned scares me.

epicurgrl
Sat, May-21-05, 14:27
Hi there!! Newbie here who used to work at Wendy's in high school. Let me clarify something about the meat in the chili and tell you right off the bat that it is totally ok!

Every day wendy's is slapping fresh beef patties on the grill in anticipation of a "rush". Sometimes they don't sell all the freshly grilled patties in a timely fashion. Those that are not sold are put in a metal cambro that sits on the grill (to keep them warm until the container is full). The container is then covered and moved to the walkin refridgerator. The night shift then makes the chili with the day's FRESH meat and YES! they boil the meat. Which is nice, b/c it strips down any of the fat that was left. I believe the only reason they boil the meat is to tenderize it.

Just wanted to clarify since I have an inside perspective and LOVE Wendy's Chili and will eat it until the day I die!
Viva La Wendys! LOL!