PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HighRoller
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:05
I'm new here. I've gained over 200 pounds since I was 18, and I tying my shoes is a chore. And it shouldn't be, really, so I've decided to do something about it.

I've done Atkins and Protein Power a few times before, and last time I did Atkins in October after about a week I had a gout attack.

My doctor tells me that it's okay for me to do Atkins but I have to really keep red meat and shellfish to a minimum, and concentrate my protein choices on chicken and fish.

Today's day 3 on the new plan. Looking for support and buddies.

Thanks for having me on board.

danakins
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:17
Hello and welcome Fellow Texan! You've taken the first step and here for supporting is definitely the right thing to do.

There should be plenty of choices for fish and chicken recipes.

Good luck to you!

Danakins

HighRoller
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:23
Thanks, Dana!

Where's Sugar Land?

Wylie's east of Plano, just outside of the DFW metro-mess.

And you're right: there are LOTS of ways to eat fish and chicken.

I had a really hard time with finding out I had to give up red meat for the most part, and so I stopped doing Atkins, but I'm back in action now.

danakins
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:35
Sugar Land is SW of the Houston (about 10 miles) mega-mess. ;)

Do you like to cook or are you too busy? I'm the queen of lazy gourmet LC'ing if you need any ideas.

lemme know,
Dana

wedunit
Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:35
Hey, High Roller!
I started a low-carb program several years ago..(Martinis & Whipped Cream) Ended up with a terrible onset of gout, too. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, gout is about a 53!
However, there's a preventive medicine called alopurinol. Talk to your Dr-- I've been on it a year, no gout since!

Larry (dh of Lindy)