PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CVD
Sun, Aug-12-01, 15:13
Hello everyone,
I've been on the Dr. Adkins plan for 1 month now.
It has been discourageing because I've only lost
5 lbs. and I've faithfully done everything right.
I have a couple of friends who have lost way more,
and they even cheated!
I'm not stopping. And I just wanted to say that its
helped reading all of your posts.
Maybe my slow loss is just normal for me.
Thanks,
CVD

Lara
Sun, Aug-12-01, 15:35
Hi there. I kind of stalled a little in the initial phase of Atkins because I wasn't eating enough and wasn't being good about my water intake. Try making sure that you eat enough and drink tons. Take care and good luck. Lara

Karen
Sun, Aug-12-01, 15:45
Welcome to the forum CVD!

I checked your profile and 'low-carb books you have read' is blank. Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution?

Karen

CVD
Sun, Aug-12-01, 19:14
Dear Lara, and Karen,
Thank-You for replying. I am eating enough food, and drinking a ton of water. And Yes I have read Dr. Atkins new diet revolution (over and over) plus other low carb. books. I've also called the atkins center almost every other day with a million questions. I did everything they suggested, and still am going VERY slow with my weight loss. It's a mystery to me,but I still will stick with it.
Thanks Again,
CVD

tamarian
Sun, Aug-12-01, 19:27
Welcome aboard CVD!

Here's what I tell my friends who want to lose weight really fast:

Gain 200 lbs, and then go on a diet! You will lose really, really fast!

I don't want to sound mean, this is just the reality of it. I lost 30 lbs on my first month, but I was over 400 lbs. !! If you want to lose that fast, you have to start from the same place and situations as those you are comparing yourself to.

If you only have 20 lbs to lose, 5% on the first month, and 2% the following month is really an excellent rate of loss.

Those who only accept radical results, are setting themselves up for failure. They are the perfect audience for the usual "lose 30 lbs in 5 days" ads and gimmicks.

It is better to have a positive, long term attitude towards weight-loss, and the rest will follow. :)

Hang in there, you can do it!

Wa'il

Sharon
Sun, Aug-12-01, 20:14
CVD, I too like you don't have a huge amount of weight too lose so for me it's slower. I did Induction for approximately 3 weeks over a year ago. I presently do a maintenance menu. I would like to lose approximately 10 lbs more. I know that if I'm patient that as time passes if I continue this WOL that the weight will disappear.

I also know that even though the scales don't always move, the inches disappear as my clothes feel differently. Have you measured yourself?

Good luck, stop by often and let us know how you're doing.

CVD
Sun, Aug-12-01, 21:34
WOW.... Thank-You for your reply.
I never looked at it that way.( Yes My friends do
have more to lose than I do)
I shall rejoice in what I have lost, and quit
complaining!
Thank-You Soooo Much...
CVD

r.mines
Sun, Aug-12-01, 23:10
CVD, you are the same height, and have almost exactly the same beginning and goal weights as me. I've lost 20 pounds since last October (with a 2-month stall during the winter). You may not lose as slowly as me, but Wa'il's exactly right - low carbing is not necessarily lightening-fast. However, slow progress is better than none, and it certainly beats gaining!

There are also lots of other benefits to low-carbing, such as improved health. Also, if you start an exercise program, or if you're currently exercising, the protein you're eating will help you build muscle fast. So you'll look and feel better, even if the scale's not moving as quickly as you'd hoped.

Stick around, and join our happy bunch of losers!

Rachel