PDA

View Full Version : New to you

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tbonenga
Thu, Jan-15-04, 14:38
Well, the time has come to drop those holiday pounds that I put on. I am not just talking about the '03 and '04 holidays! I am talking about the past 10 years of holidays! Since my wife and I met, I have put on around 50 pounds (10 years since we first dated). I am not a spring chicken anymore but I am still pretty young (31). I have been told that I carry weight well because of my frame (6'1"-6'2", muscular) but I had rather not carry my weight well due to the lack of it. I started "low carbing" on Jan 5 at 266lbs. I am now at 259 and I have not been all that strict. I do work out (weight and cardio) at least 4 times per week. I am somewhat of a country boy so cutting the potatoes out of my "meat and potatoes" is tough. However, I love the high protein (meat, eggs and cheese) and fiber aspects. The lack of fruit has also been tough. I also like beer so I am trying to limit my intake to only one or two low-carb selections.

I am encouraged by my good success so far and I have the determination to get to my goal (210-220 would be fine). Drop me a line to tell me your story!

Kristine
Thu, Jan-15-04, 14:40
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're off to a good start. LCing just got a lot easier for me because "my" pub across the street just started carrying Labatt Sterling. :D