PDA

View Full Version : Checking in....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kevelyn
Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:21
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site but not to the LC WOE. About two years ago I started the Atkins "diet" and lost about 25 pounds - I felt and looked great! My down fall came when I convinced myself that I could start eating high carb processed foods like other dieters and still continue to lose weight (what was I thinking!?!?). It took about a year to regain my old weight plus and extra 10 lbs. Its been so difficult to get back to the LC WOE but today I made up my mind to go for it. Fortunately, I've stuck to the exercise plan I started two years ago -- that's probably whats kept me alive this long. Some day I hope to have just one size of clothing in my closest instead of three.

I am 4' 11" and weight 180 lbs - I wear a size 14 now but own sizes 16 and 10. My goal is to lose 40 lbs and see what happens from there. Wish me strength and patience - after all, luck has nothing to do with it.

Kathy

Iowagirl
Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:47
Welcome Kathy! Consider starting a journal, some folks find them very helpful. You may also want to measure yourself as you may lose inches without losing pounds.

Here's to your success!

mem2
Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:53
Kevelyn, Welcome, yes I do whish you strength and patience. Sounds like you know from experience that "if it is to be, its up to me". I guess I am in that stage of looking for another way to maintain, since I am a vegetarian and feel Atkins is not vegetarian friendly. I did a veretarian Atkins with out meats or eggs. If whatever I try backfires I can always go back to it. Again, Welcome!!!!!!!!

kevelyn
Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:11
Thanks, I feel welcomed. I hope I could count on you guys when the going gets rough. It's been my experience in the past that support makes the difference in success or failure.

Thanks again.

Kathy