PDA

View Full Version : Hello Low Carbers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

coco226
Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:14
:dazzle: I am new to this site. I am glad that i found a support group. I have been doing low-carb since Nov 03. So, far I have done okay. I have told some friends what I am doing and they say it is dangerous. I told them explain to me what is wrong with not eating bread or sweets? Why do people say it is dangerous?

Bosslady01
Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:16
My husband says the same thing. It is because of all the hype the Atkins plan got when it first was developed. The people who say it is dangerous now are just uninformed.

juliemc
Thu, Jan-15-04, 21:04
My husband's and my physician recommended that my husband go on Atkins in 2002 because he had seen such great results with his patients who had followed it. I was shocked because I'd also heard it was dangerous, but I went on it along with my husband when our doctor had endorsed it. We've stayed on it with good results! :yay:

Sprissy
Fri, Jan-16-04, 15:17
I know a lot of people who are against this diet. For the most part the majority of them think that this diet encourages you to eat way to much meat. And they believe that is dangerous. I also think that most Doctors are still against it, I know mine is. Hopefully in the near future that will change with all the new research.

Maggie M
Fri, Jan-16-04, 19:33
I am just starting out on low-carb eating and I don't know how I am going to get through without the fruits and vegetables. Any ideas

coco226
Sat, Jan-17-04, 05:08
Remember it is just two weeks without no fruit, but you can eat some vegetables. Stay focus you can do it.

danakins
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:07
Pearls to swine, darling, Pearls to Swine. I'd just ask them if they think that being overweight is any less dangerous. Unfortunately, most of the time you have to lead by example.

I also think that the "myth" that this is a meat & cheese diet exclusively is exacerbated by those who don't really follow the plan like they should and only eat meat and cheese. Induction , very clearly, calls for 2-3 cups salad greens and/or 1 C. cooked veggies. If you follow that, it more than likely, ends up being more veggies than you would doing low fat, etc.

Bottomline is that you have to become conveniently hard of hearing when you encounter these types.

Dana