PDA

View Full Version : The belly lifter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tpr475
Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:20
I guess I will finally introduce myself. I lift weights but an unfortunate side effect is I become hungry. And I mean real hungry. So I gain muscle fast but also get fat fast. My weight has gone up and down for years. Every summer I gain a ton of weight and every winter I try to remove it. About 4 years ago I actually reach 255 pounds. I felt like I couldn't breath and my lower ribs hurt all the time. I ate cereal and did Tae Boe for about 6 months and made it down to 190. Unfortunately, my body used my hard earned muscle for fuel. I have done this rebound over and over every year. This year I made it to 229 and decided that on January 5, 2004, I was going to do the Atkins (I have tried unsuccesfully in years past) but keep up my weight lifting. So I am hoping that about 188 is a good solid weight with little body fat involved and still good lean muscle. If I can do it and stick to it is yet to be seen. I fell off the wagon today (my eighth day and at 219). I ate a ton of carbs tonight but tomarrow I come back even harder to stay on.

taotiger
Tue, Jan-13-04, 01:43
Welcome!

I found myself in a similar position, although gaining tons in the winter and losing it in the summer. I equally gained wieght in muscle and fat, but have decided to finally change that. I hope you have more luck than I do, but don't worry that you fell off, just take it one day at a time and you'll find yourself looking the lbs.

kerrieof3
Tue, Jan-13-04, 11:53
hi, i did the same thing gaining and losing, but when i got up to 225 i felt like i couldnt breath eather, and also my husband said he wasnt going to buy me any new clothes eather and he was going to leave me :rolleyes: , so i also have been falling and getting back on the wagon, i guess in the long run we will all feel better about our selfs once the weight is off. i started back today i hope this is the last time i fall off.. i wish everone luck and god bless :angel:

stats;225/208/140 :daizy: