PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Stalling Tips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LUCYMAE
Mon, Jan-12-04, 16:57
Hi it has been awhile since my last post,I just don't have a lot of time to get on my computer.Anyways I am down to 159 from 275,I am thrilled to be where I am I have had times were I have stayed the same,but it only lasts about 2 weeks.I went for a weigh in the other day and had gained 1.8 pounds,first time that's ever happened.I am very controlled with my diet I WATCH EVERYTHING I EAT.I also exersize everyday right now I am walking 8 miles a day at 4.0 on my treadmill and I added another mile 3 weeks ago that's why I can't understand the weight gain?I did weigh in today and lost 2.5 pounds,I weigh in every monday same time.I do measure my waist but haven't seen any difference,but I did try on a size smaller pair of jeans today and that fit perfect.I hear of people hitting plateaus and I am wondering if I am trying to?

Squid
Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:39
Lucymae,

I wouldn't worry too much about gaining weight for a week, or even a couple in a row. I think fluctuations are normal.

Have you thought about decreasing your carbs to get the weight loss moving again? I see in your profile on the left that you are doing 60 gms a day. What about decreasing that to 50 or even 40 and see if that kicks things off again.

Also, are you eating a lot of products containing sugar alcohols (bars, shakes, low carb substitutes and desserts)? That can stall some people. It does me. Maybe cut those out for a couple of week and see what happens.

Also, what about supplements? Are you getting those in or at least a multivitamin? I know Atkins has a supplement for getting off a stall, but I've never tried it and have no idea if it's any good.

I stalled for 6 months, but I decided to do induction and that has kicked things off again. Geesh not a lot of fun though.

Whatever you try, please keep in mind what a wonderful success you've had and give yourself a pat on the back. 275 to 159 is great!!!

Squid