PDA

View Full Version : day one

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aquaa
Mon, Jan-12-04, 14:27
I started Atkins this morning - I plan on following the 2 week induction to the letter.
I already have a killer headache - could be lack of caffeine or is this to be expcted for a while ?
Some people say, this first two weeks are sheer agony, others say it is a breeze - what should I expect ???

Also - does anyone know where I can buy the Atkins Bake Mix in Vancouver ?

Iowagirl
Mon, Jan-12-04, 15:43
Welcome Aquaa. Your headache is normal. Could be caffeine withdrawal, could be your body getting rid of some toxins. Hang in there. We all got through it and so will you. :)

Kristine
Mon, Jan-12-04, 15:45
Hi and welcome! :wave:

Yes, caffeine withdrawl can be awful! Even going from several cups a day down to one, I had a headache and even some nausea. For the record, many people keep the caffeine, or at least cut back slowly. Consider doing this to spare yourself the discomfort. ;)

How you'll feel, as you've heard, is individual. I had no withdrawls because I had already cut out "the white stuff" by the time I started PP (similar to Atkins.) Many people feel under the weather.

Best of luck and keep us posted! :thup: