PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from S Africa

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Anette
Mon, Jan-12-04, 01:11
Hallo, all you losers!

I'm a new member from South Africa - a country still very much in the age of low fat (or even fat free!). After criticising a colleague who was doing Atkins (all that protein and fat simply CAN'T be healthy, my dear!!), I actually started surfing the Net and also bought Atkins for Life and did some proper research. What a pity that most people judge the induction style as 'Atkins', instead of looking at the lifestyle he recommends!

Finding LC products is somewhat tricky here - apart from the odd (coincidentally LC) prepared foods at the local Woollies! And, of course, ordering the Atkins goodies at our exchange rate to the dollar would probably give me a heart attack, even if my cholesterol levels should be decreasing...

I am enjoying my new llifestyle thus far, and my only concern is that I have a bit of a sweet tooth and do not like the idea of using artificial sweeteners for life (prefer the natural stuff in life, like honey).

MisterE
Mon, Jan-12-04, 03:13
Welcome! I wish you every success!

Sinbad
Mon, Jan-12-04, 04:07
Hiya from a South African living in London :)

SA is actually low-carb heaven :) Great, cheap meat, loads of braaiing, nice veggies... I went to visit my family over christmas and new year and managed to LOSE almost 2 kilos!!!! ;) MAN I love spare ribs *grin*

Good luck and welcome and all that good stuff ;)
Steven