PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

toothick4u
Sun, Jan-11-04, 14:07
hi everyone glad to b here. [/B][/FONT]i jus started the Atkins diet and I am enjoying it already.
For 2 days ive had no carbs and i feel fine . I jus miss my Doritos and other junk foods.lol but im gonna work this thing thru and hopefull bring my weight down alot i weighed 190 and I dont even look like i weigh 160. So thanx 4 havn me I will keep on goin. Hopefully to have a carb free lifestyle. :)

Rosebud
Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:37
No carbs? Atkins is very definitely not a "no carb" plan. ;)
In fact none of the low carb plans advocate avoiding carbs completely. Vegies are not only healthy, they also keep you from being bored.

This is not a short term diet, where you simply avoid carbs then go back to eating "normally." Doing that will guarantee that you will not only regain any weight lost, but you'll gain more. Low carbing is a long term way of life, not a quick-fix diet. :)

I see you have not yet done any reading about low carb. First of all, I would suggest you have a look at "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen. Then once you choose a plan, please do yourself the very great favour of buying the appropriate book.

I wish you much success!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: