PDA

View Full Version : Upanddown

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

poofie
Sun, Jan-11-04, 13:33
I went on Atkins in September and was doing really well - lost about 18lbs. But, the holidays "killed" me I gained about 9lbs back. I tried to get back on the Atkins diet last week but after just a few days I fell off the wagon. The cravings for sugar where so intense that I gave in.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get back on the program. I never felt better when I was on Dr. Atkins. But, now I am depressed because of my weight gain and I am disappointed in myself = eating more.

Help!!

Thanks

mischa
Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:47
Hi there

I would suggest a week of Induction again:) This will kill the sugar cravings after a few days and get you started again:)

I wish you much success

:wave:

poofie
Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:51
Thanks Mischa...I am going to try again. You've obviously done very well on this program. What is the secret to your success. Or more specific how do you handle the lows..

mischa
Sun, Jan-11-04, 17:02
Or more specific how do you handle the lows..

I whine in my journal :lol: I suggest you start one..a great place to get motivated..stay motivated or just whine your heart out ;)

smoothblu
Mon, Jan-12-04, 01:16
I agree with mischa start a journal, read some of the other journals, begin reaching out to others. When your down let us know and people will help motivate you.

Welcome and good luck

Emmsy
Mon, Jan-12-04, 05:36
That is almost the exacct same thing that happened to me! I was atkinsing for my wedding (or so I told myself) but after induction, I had lost twelve pounds and was feeling so wonderful, I didn't want to stop! When my husband and I went home everyone said you look great, what have you been doing. I happily replied Atkins!! and the faces fell. Oh another fad diet..and such. Anyways, after a week of having every nasty, carby food you could name being thrust in my face, I folded. It took a month of weight gain and bloatedness for me to finally realize that I had been sabotaged and I need to get back to induction as quickly as possible, and never look back.

Whew! That was quite a tirade, anyways Please do try and remind yourself of all the wonderful benefits that come with weight loss. Food is a temporary high, but fitting into smaller and smaller jeans stays with you for a long time. That's helped me alot! Good luck!

Emilie

chargeit
Mon, Jan-12-04, 06:56
I also did a major cheat ! It started for Thanksgiving and continued till a couple of days ago. Instead of a hardboiled egg I grabbed a couple of cookies. That's all she wrote. Today is my day to renew my life ! I lost almost 30 lbs and when I saw the scale creep up I decided to stop the snacking.

Katyspice
Mon, Jan-12-04, 08:59
Hi Poofie

I did the same thing you did.

One point that a lot of people make is that everytime we go off "plan" it is harder for our bodies to deal with the carb "reload". The enzymes that work to break down the carbs aren't in place like before so our bodies store it as fat...sometimes even added fat. Yikes.

No worries though, be patient, stick to plan, start the journal and do some strategizing for those "opportunities" and of course, water,water,water,water!

Take care