PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sus2
Fri, Jan-09-04, 13:32
Hi! I just signed up on this forum yesterday though I've been reading it for a couple of months and low carbing for just over a year. I Think Karen may have been one of the reasons I finally decided low-carbing wasn't so bad. Did she appear in a Western Living article a few years ago? Anyhow, the forum has been really helpful with recipes and advice.

I'm in my late 40's and had been "watching my weight" forever but still managed to gain a couple pounds a year. After 20+ years, that really adds up! Since starting Atkin's December 4, 2002, I've lost almost 40 lbs, which was my original goal, and have kept it off (with the exception of about 4 lbs gained in December...tough month) for about 7 months now. Have decided to lose about 10 to15 more, if possible. Tried going on induction again but have found it a too hard this time. Think I'll just try OWL instead! :thup:

Iowagirl
Fri, Jan-09-04, 14:28
It is difficult to do induction again but it looks like you have made great progress, nonetheless.
Welcome!

smoothblu
Fri, Jan-09-04, 14:36
Welcome!!!

Good luck with your goals.