PDA

View Full Version : I can do this!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:23
Hi everyone! I am so glad to find this forum!!
First off I am a shool teacher and I LOVE chocolate!!! I have tried several diets over the years, in fact I even tried the Atkins diet about 51/2 years ago and lost lots of weight the first month, but low and behold met a fine young gentleman in the process who was a vegetarian. Needless to say my diet failed because his main dish was pasta!! I was on the Atkins plan for about 2 months and lost about 10 lbs. It came off quickly too!! I'd say in the first few weeks I saw the most results. If I had stuck with it I probably would have lost more!!
I have lost and gained weight several times over the years. I was a hard core health nut when I turned 30 about 5 years ago! In fact I looked and felt better than when I was 20!! Boy I miss those days! So I'm back to kick some butt!! MY BUTT!! And boy is it bigger than ever!! I am 34 working in a school where sweet treats are everywhere!! HELP ME!! I drive an hour to and from work everyday and I am exhausted when I finally get home. Needless to say I don't feel like excercising! So I figured I would at least get a jump start and try the Atkins and then if I lose a few pounds first, will feel like starting an exercise routine..... AGAIN! After being a health nut for years, I got bored. Working out became more like a chore so I stopped. With you guys maybe I can overcome my boredom! I look forward to talking with you all!! :yay:

Iowagirl
Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:45
Welcome! I'm sure you will find success again - just stay away from those nasty vegetarian boys. :)

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:56
Thanks Iowagirl!!!

Kristine
Fri, Jan-09-04, 10:01
Welcome aboard! :wave:

What's up with that poll? :lol:

If you're looking for sweets recipes, check the "sweet treats" forum, but a warning: Atkins is meant to break your sweet cravings. You have to plow through them. They're like a stray dog: if you keep feeding them, they'll keep coming back. :( It's important to stay away from that stuff, at least until you've broken the habit. The sweet tooth *will* go away. Trust me! I used to eat so much candy and junk food, my co-workers laughed at me. They got me about ten pounds of little chocolate bars as a good-bye gift when I left. :rolleyes: So if I can give it up, anyone can! :daze:

Best of luck!

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 10:43
I don't know about the poll thing. I think I must have entered something when I registered!

Thanks for the support! I can do this again!
How can I inter those little smilies?

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 10:44
Oops!! I meant enter!
By the way, did I mention that I'm an ART teacher,not an English teacher, hence the misspelling!

Iowagirl
Fri, Jan-09-04, 10:53
Hit post reply, not quick reply and you will see the smileys to your left. :dazzle:

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:15
Thanks!! :dazzle: Why does this happen when I click on the smiley face???
I want smilies! Can someone help me please!

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:17
Got it! It showed up after I posted! Now I get it! :rolleyes:

Iowagirl
Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:18
You should be able to click on whatever smiley you want. If it doesn't work you may want to post a question in the technical questions thread.

abowers
Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:36
I figured it out! :yay:
I saw that you are on the same plan as I am!
What do you drink all day besides water? I don't have my Atkins book with me, my Mom has it!! I think I used to drink tea. How about coffee? Or Seltzer water?

Iowagirl
Fri, Jan-09-04, 13:39
Coffee! I know that isn't the greatest alternative but....I also try to drink as much water as I can with an occasional glass of tea.