PDA

View Full Version : Hi My Name's Tami

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kohkie
Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:07
I'm Tami, I'm 57 and I feel better this year than last. About two years ago I went to the state fair and I had to rent one of those little motorized scooters to get me around because my knees and my feet just couldn't support my bulk anymore, at least not for extended periods of time. I was at 220 and I'm only 5'2". My 73 year old mother made quite a point of rubbing it in that she didn't need any help to walk around all day. I think I made her day but it was one of the lowest points in my life. That was August of 2002 and in April of 2003 I finally started the low carb WOL. So far I've lost 37 lbs but that isn't really my biggest achievement. When I started the diet my goal was to go to the state fair and walk around all day without any assistance. I succeeded in that goal in August of 2003. Spent all day and yes my feet got tired and hurt some, we were at the fair walking around from 10:00 AM until around 8:00 PM that evening, but anyone's feet would be tired after all of that walking. My next goal after that was to be able to dance for more than 2 or 3 minutes without running out of breath. I succeeded in doing that at a dinner dance last November. My sister-in-law said "Tami! Your Back!" I was so proud of that moment. Part has been the LC diet and part has been me and my TV and an aerobic video. I need to start weight training soon and I already belong to a gym but just can't get up the nerve to go yet.

I need to lose a total of 102 lbs and I'm looking forward to meeting my next goal of 40 lbs down. Only 3 to go for that one. :) And I'm hoping I can drop another 10 before my 1 year anniversary of starting the LC WOL. My anniversary date is April 24, so I have a few months. It would be nice to have made it half way to my goal in 1 year.

This is a great forum, I found it while looking for recipes on the net. BTW I keep hearing about a recipe for Mock Danish. Everyone who mentions it raves about it but I can't find the actual recipe. Could someone repost it so I can try it out?

Thanks for just being here
Tami

bcadieux
Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:09
Tami, what a great testimony!!!!

Kohkie
Thu, Jan-08-04, 20:28
Thanks Bette

I ran over to your Journal and saw that we have a similar attitude. No matter how slow the weight loss, as long as we are maintaining or losing we are successful :)

I weigh once a week and if I lose half a pound I'm pretty happy. Since I started my diet I've had a 2 week vacation and got thru the holidays. My goals at those times were not to gain any weight. I didn't even worry about trying to lose.

I haven't started a journal yet but I probably will in the next couple of weeks. Have to wait until I get it all in my head how I want to go about bringing my life to this date. My first diet was when I was 13, so there's a lot to write about...lol

Tami