PDA

View Full Version : Crustless Pizza - EASY!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

samalex
Wed, Jan-07-04, 10:50
Hi Everyone..

I'm totally new to the Atkins diet, but one thing I really like to eat is Pizza. Today, on a whim, I took a small dish, layered mozzarella, pepparoni, pozzarella, canadian bacon, pozzarella, pepparoli, then a little mozzarella and parmisan. I put this in my toaster oven, and cooked for about 14 minutes (top was golden brown, like a pizza).

It smells and tastes like pizza, just minus the crust and tomato sauce. This is a GREAT snack I've found, and easy to make. Plus, zero carbs! I may try to cook this in the microwave as well since if I took this to work, I would only have a microwave to use.

Hope this helps someone :) I'm not good at cooking, but this is quick and simple with two or three ingredients.

Sam

jebsr
Wed, Jan-07-04, 10:58
Soiunds good Sam however later in your diet I would think that a small amount of a tomato sauce that is low in sugar would not add many carbs to a full dish.

Kristine
Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:50
...just be aware that it's not carb free - the pepperoni, bacon and cheese carbs do add up. :exclm:

I do a similar version in the oven. I call it "pizza cassarole". I toss in some sugar-free tomato sauce, too, plus mushrooms, green peppers, and whole tomatoes. It's delicious! It's a good way to get some vegetables.

thenicestp
Sun, Feb-01-04, 05:29
ive heard of another pizza recipe
first you brown some ground beef drain well line a pan (like a crust)with the ground beef pack it well i guess add tomato sause and mushrooms meat toppings and cheese and bake
i havent tried it yet but want to
sounds yummy

joanne42
Sat, Feb-14-04, 19:59
The only thing I would be cautious about is the amount of processed meats you eat.. There is addec corn syrup and nitrate to these products..

filmlass23
Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:20
I just made this in a frying pan on the stove.

Medium heat -- get a layer of pepperoni going. Then a thick layer of shredded italian blend cheese. Sprinkle on some parmesan. Then evenly put some LC red sauce on top. When the bottom appears to have browned, flip in half like an omelette!!!!

Yum yum yum! Totally kicked my pizza craving. :-D