PDA

View Full Version : Texas Newbie Here !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TweetyFan
Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:09
Hello there, I have chosen today to start the Atkins lifestyle. I am a 36 year old married, mother of one extremely athletic boy who seriously wants me to be more 'involved' with him in sports.

I have lost weight before using the 'low-fat' options and know for a fact that I will gain it all back because I do not view that as a lifestyle. I have a good support group in my family - Husband of 18 years is 100% on board with me doing this plan. He has started his "Modified Eating Plan" today as well - although he is not doing Atkins.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and getting/giving support...

Nille
Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:30
and http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif to this board !!

You'll find a lot of support and help here. If there's something you wonder about it's just to post the question and there'll be answers ! I have found so many friends here !

Can imagine LC'ing in Texas is not the easiest to to. My brother lives in Katy at the moment. When my niece went home for christmas she was supposed to bring with her low carb tortillas (La Tortilla) but my brother claimed he couldn't find them anywhere. And I KNOW Krogers have them..... Oh well, it's best to manage without the frankenfoods anyway !!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!! :sunny:

Iowagirl
Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:43
Welcome! Best of luck to you!

Froggiebro
Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:47
Welcome, I'm from TX too. I think eating in texas is easier because of all the HUGE burgers (bunless of course) and other texas sized servings!

Good luck!

Nille
Mon, Jan-05-04, 14:53
How could I forget !!! I had SO many wonderful dinners visiting my brother last year. We had dinner out every night ...... wonderful steaks, chicken (BIG) and salads. All you'll have to do is to skip the buns, sauces and potatoes - and the tortillas at Lupes (if you're in Houston that is !) !!! Cool !

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/dontfeedtrolls.gif

Francy
Tue, Jan-06-04, 00:41
Hi from Canada. You guys are making me hungry for a BIG steak. Good thing I just ate!
Don't forget fish with lots of butter too - YUM!

mcadeowner
Tue, Jan-06-04, 16:39
Congratulations you can do it!
If you need anything at all just hollar. I dont know alot, but I have been overweight for a while myself and may have a few tips or so. This is definately the right place to be for support!
JT