PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mmbrown
Mon, Jan-05-04, 12:21
Hello out there,
Been experimenting with low-carb eating for about a year and a half. It is the only thing I have found to maintain my weight. Am so much happier because I feel I am in control. At times it is difficult to stick with this way of life when friends or family don't have the same goals and don't respect my choice to do this. At times, they convey the message that my eating habits are weird and that I have a problem. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to deal with these situations?

Nille
Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:42
and http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welkom4.gif
to this board.

It's difficult when friends and family have problems understanding that what we're doing is sane AND healthy ! My parents are also on a LC-diet, Dr. Linbergh. Not as strict as Atkins, but based on the same principles. They treat it as a religion and are moderatly supportive to my Atkins. My MIL on the other hand just pretends I'm not doing this..... I don't tell anybody what WOE I'm following. In my part of the world Atkins is fairly unknown. We don't have any LC products to speak of. I manage fine on "normal food". If somebody asks me I just say I've cut down on starrchy foods, such as pasta, potatoes, rice + white flour, and that I eat what I want. That's not the whole truth, but partly so.

You'll find a lot of threads dicussing what to say, what not to say and how to react to comments on your WOE. There is also a lot of support in here. Just post the question and you'll have answers. I've checked out quite a lot of forums and this is the BEST !!

Good luck to you :sunny: