PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

queendeej2
Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:37
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Navy]Hi everyone, my name is Daphne, I wanted to share my story, I just started on atkins on January 1st, I have lost 4lbs so far, but I have along way to go, I think I need alot of encouragement at this point, because no one else knows how much I want to lose weight. On January 1st, I decided to change my life, my 20 year reunion is coming up this summer and I don't want to go to the reunion at my current weight, i nearly cried when I weighed myself on January 1st,I weighed 190lbs, but I am determined this time, after trying so many diets, I hope I can stick to this, the last straw was on Christmas when I went over to a friend's home that I had not seen in years, her mother had requested to see me,then had the nerve to say"you are so fat" I felt humilated but, she was telling the truth, I just thought in a room full of people, that was so rude. I had never had a weight problem until about eight years ago, when I had my son, prior to that I was a size 8, I thought I was fat, after I had my son, I went thru alot of stressful events, and I guess I just started packing on pounds, I would loose a few, then gain it right back, even more, I feel horrible and ashamed at this weight I look at pictures of myself and don't even see me anymore. I need all of the support I can get. any sugesstions.[FONT=Courier New]

Lori H
Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:39
Hi sweetie and welcome! What an awful woman to say that to you! How rude can you get! That just shows HER ignorance though. I've had the exact same thing happen. I went to visit my mom when I was at my highest weight and here neighbor said "Wow, you sure have got fat!" I went in the batroom and cried. I can't believe people sometimes. If you want support you've come to a good place. This works! Let us hear from you often okay? Any questions, just ask. Someone can usually help you. Good luck!

Lori H
Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:42
Forgot to say...why don't you start a journal? It's a great place for new friends to visit you and offer support.

SeeMyself
Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:49
Welcome neighbor from California, or "Cal eee forn ya" like the new "govenator says" :wave:

You will find that everyone here is very supportive, we all have the same goal! :agree: