PDA

View Full Version : Introduction of a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

smoothblu
Sun, Jan-04-04, 08:42
I read the thread that stated I'm supposed to introduce myself...so here goes.

What does one say when you’re trying to introduce yourself to some 36,579 members? It’s sort of intimidating you know. <laughing>

Handle is smoothblu; I’m female and currently started Protein Power way of eating for the first time.

I believe the only time I was any where near the “correct” weight must have been the day I was born. :) Being heavy was “normal” to me.

I had a friend take some pictures of myself in the buff and boy was that a shocker. I mean I always new I was fat, but never really knew I was fat. Does that make sense? I've always wore cloths that were probably a size or two bigger than I was. Now I know why. I'm setting here looking at this person who has my face on it, but the body doesn't feel like mine. It's like a bad joke and I'm just waiting for the person in the pictures to reach up and unzip this outer covering and let me step out.

I was outside last night looking at the million of stars in the sky and the wind began to pick up. I thought about the wind and my life and this came to my mind.

The Wind can be a violent force of nature.
It also brings the changes of seasons and the much needed rain after a drought.
The wind is like a living thing.
Breathing, growing and maturing with time and force.

I have thought a lot about the wind and how it is so much like my own life.
It is time for change. The wind is blowing in my life and it’s taking on a new direction and it’s a journey I’m excited to see happen. I have many goals for the year 2004 and losing some of this excise weight is one of them.

My wish for others is view this "goal" as an positive exciting journey.

I suppose I’ve rambled on enough.

Smoothblu

Star85
Sun, Jan-04-04, 10:40
Welcome to the forum smoothblu!

You certainly sound like you're ready to make a change! good for you! Protein Power is a great plan, I'm sure you'll do well with it :) good luck to you!

~*shannon*~

smoothblu
Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:03
Thank you Star85 much appreciated. I've never read the Atkins plan but I know many people are trying it. I read the Protein Power books that a friend of mine has and it clicked for me.

smoothblu
Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:04
Is it etiquette to address the sender as the log in name or by the sig name?

Thanks in advance.

Kelly_L
Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:12
Hey Smoothblu

Welcome to the forum.

If people don't want you to address them by their name, that shouldn't put it in their signature, right?

But really, I don't think anyone is too hung up on formality here. Just watch your P's and Q's if you bring up any subjects that are political or spiritual. And if you do, be prepared for quite a discussion.

Star85
Sun, Jan-04-04, 14:29
Smoothblu,

I'm not sure what the "official" etiquette is for addressing people on the forum, lol, but I usually call people by their first names if they've shared them. I think if people have a problem with others calling them by their real names, then they wouldn't reveal their names! Please feel free to call me Shannon though! TTYL!

LacyBauer
Sun, Jan-04-04, 18:57
Hiya SmoothBlu,

I've been back and forth on this WOE for over 6 months now, however, I've never been faithful for over a month. Shame on me....
But a new year is here, and so is a new me and a new commitment. My hubby and I are committed to losing at least most of our EXCESS weight. I currently weigh 255, and want to get to at least 180 for my mini goal and then 150 for my goal weight. That would be ideal.
I wish you luck! Believe me, I know when you say how you feel when people take pictures of you. I feel the same way. I hate it.

smoothblu
Sun, Jan-04-04, 19:03
Here is believing that you both will meet your goals for the new year. This is my first time for a planned weight loss, we'll see how it goes<G>

Good luck to you both.