PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lysa
Sat, Jan-03-04, 17:59
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Teal][FONT=Arial]

Hi All! I have been doing low carb for a while although I seem to always fall off thge wagon! So now I'm starting all over again! Ugh! I can't even remember how I came across this site but I'm loving it!! I think that this is something that will really keep me accountable, (I hope!)
Got a question....How can I eat enough protein throughout the day without cooking (I work)?
Thanks in advance for answers and I hope to get to know all of you!
Blessings,
lysa :)

Neenz
Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:29
Hi Lysa
I live in Australia and have just joined too. I don't know how you can get the protein without cooking except canned fish and boiled eggs but when you get the answer I'd love to find out. I live off salads and quick meat like fish, BBQ and am always looking for new ideas
Keep at it.
Good luck with finding the answer
Janine

chefmorais
Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:32
Welcome Lysa. And Neenz. Best of luck with the program. I have some wonderful ricepes in the recipe forum under main dishes and also under the atkins diet forum.
Tommy the chef

AmberAA1
Sat, Jan-03-04, 19:11
Hi Guys Glad you joined us and welcome to the forum. I have a cook day and freeze for the week most times. A couple of boxes of bacon and sausages go along way all week, also I make a whole package of chicken thighs and breasts from costco and freeze them. I use them in salads, or just grab 2 thighs on my way out the door. I use a lowcarb lowfat marinade from Trader Joes. I also make a fat flush soup that is posted in the recipe section and freeze that up by the bowls, I get about 6-8 servings and that lasts me for a week of lunches. Hope it helps.